iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rough day...

Started by Ever Green, February 19, 2006, 06:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ever Green

should have stayed  home today...started out by shooting trap @ 8am.  Shot aweful...but club was only 5 minutes from loging job...8 degrees...maybe I can get some things done...tractor was froze up...*DanG hyd fluid...theres an hour...get to the woods and after about 1-1/2's hrs farmi winch chain breaks......I lucked out...farm has nice shop with over head cranes and HEAT...rip it a part and take a 15 minute trip to tractor supply...new link...fixed...set the tractor keys down in the shop...never found them...I'll be buying a new set, or many new sets 2morrow...just had to blow off some steam...
Vince

Tim L

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant
Do the best you can and don't look back

Tom

the worse thing is losing the key.  I've done that and find it later in my pocket.  It's sure embarrassing when my wife hands it to me after doing laundry.  :-\

Paschale

Man...sounds like a real crapper for sure.  Sorry it was such a awful day...but that's what beer's for!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

OneWithWood

Yep.  Bad day.  Sunday I could not get the crawler to fire up.  Sure would have like to move some maple logs in form the woods and harvest a couple more polars for the barn while the ground was frozen.  But no-o-o, gonna have to wait out the mud  :(.
Had to come in form the cold and watch some b-ball.  Should have stayed out in the cold  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

iain

Hey tom its not the handing to you that get's me

it's the stupid smug smile, and the worst thing is, that you KNOW it wernt there when you looked

iain

TexasTimbers

I found the skid steer keys lying in the gravel outside my shop, the day after I cut the lock so I could fuel it up.
Fortunately I had a spare ignition key, but could't find the spare engine compartment key until I had put the lock to the torch of course. :(
Sometimes ya win sometimes ya lose......... ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

sawguy21

:D :D Sounds like you should cut your losses and join Paschale for that beer. I am glad I'm not the only one to do that. The worst part is I usually find them right where I left them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

iain

How about the "you seen my key's" question

and the classic  "where did you leave them"  reply ::)

iain

Murf

I built a hidden key rack just inside the shop door on a little swing down bracket under the stereo.

Now if I could just catch that DanG Leprechaun that keeps taking the keys off the rack and slipping them into jacket pockets and what-not I'd be all set.  ::)

:D   :D   :D   :D   :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Murf on February 22, 2006, 02:02:32 PM
Now if I could just catch that DanG Leprechaun .........

We Irish get blamed for everything!!! :D :D :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Murf

You wanna try living with something like Murphy's Law hanging over your head.  smiley_elf

farmerdoug

Kinda like looking all over for your glasss and finally giving up after half an hour and going in the house. >:(  Where upon getting in you take off your hat and off fall your glasses. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

beenthere

Quote from: OneWithWood on February 20, 2006, 09:08:42 AM
..... Sunday I could not get the crawler to fire up.  ............

OWW
Get that crawler fired up yet?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

BT,
Yeah, I replaced the starter and it fired right up.  Got to use it long enough to move the maple logs.  Unfortunately when I tried to take advantage of the dry soil to work on the exit road from the barn something else broke. ::)
I think the feed or return pipe from the tranny separated.  It is sitting in the workshop open bay waiting for me to scope it out.  Finishing the lighting in the barn takes priority at the moment.
Good thing I have a sense of humor or I would have blown this thing to smithereens a long time ago . . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawguy21

OWW, sounds like you need to take up knitting or something. That crawler was not meant to run. :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Kevin

QuoteI built a hidden key rack just inside the shop door on a little swing down bracket under the stereo.

That sounds like it use to be a well kept secret.  :D

farmerdoug

Kevin,  It will be a secret again as soon as Murf forgets about it. :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Murf

Forgets about what?  ::)

farmerdoug

Kevin, See it worked already. ;D

Murf,  We was talking about something else. ::) :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Murf

I had a perfectly good smart-aleck comeback..........

But I fergot that too.......  ::)

Brian Beauchamp

Quote from: kevjay on February 22, 2006, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: Murf on February 22, 2006, 02:02:32 PM
Now if I could just catch that DanG Leprechaun .........

We Irish get blamed for everything!!! :D :D :D

You're a leprechaun?  ;D

Murf

Nah, too tall........  :D

farmerdoug

Murf,

How tall is a Leprechaun anyways? ??? :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

Murf

Well FD, according to the word itself, (in Irish Gaelic word is leipreachán) it literally means, "half-bodied" or "small-bodied".

At 6' tall and 225 pounds, I don't quite fit either of those descriptions.  ::)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

farmerdoug

Murf,  I never implied you were, just wanted to know how big they were.  The movies always try to make them the size of gnomes.

They sound like they would be handy to have around to work in tight places though. :)

Farmerdoug

Doug
Fargo, MI

Murf

Ooops, my bad, it was Brian from the frozen place called Miami that asked.....  :D

Thank You Sponsors!