iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This weather something or what

Started by Bob S, February 19, 2006, 11:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob S

Man this weather is for the birds.:)  Cold, hot 45F now cold single digits this week.
It seems that winter is coming earlier warming up, just teasing you, and then pulling the rug out from under yea. It winter again.
Just getting ready to do it again this afternoon, felling and firewood cutting. Yesterday was cold and today at least the sun is out maybe I'll get sunburned today use to enjoy the single digits, but something is saying older I get something is not right. I'll never want to change this for the world, but the lower twenties will be just fine, and no mud.  ;D

BobS
The feeling one gets during a full swing when the splitting maul goes headless

Tom

I've been sunburned this past week .  The sun was out in full force and we've had 80° temperatures.  Today is a little cooler and rainy.  It's a good day to sit on the porch and visit.  As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I have planned for this afternoon.   My old Navy buddy is in town with his 5th wheel camper and I'm going to his campsite to sit under the awning and drink coffee.  We Might even watch some of The Race.  ;D

EZ

Thats the kind of weather I'm having, Bob. Kinda funny, aint it. ;D
EZ

SwampDonkey

No worries guys, it's gonna warm up this week. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We're having the same weather here in Maine,Bob.Yes,it's been a odd winter.Remember last Spring?Rain and cloudy,really hurt our greenhouse buiness.Summer we got alot of rain.I hope the cycle is over and the weather will return to normal.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Part_Timer

I'm with you NO MUD. 
This year our logging and firewood is across a 1/2 mile of chisel plowed field.
I like the cold a lot but this stuff of 57 one day and 2 days later it's 6 is just killing my nose. :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

isassi

This has been a really unusual weathar year in Oklahoma for sure. Last summer, we had only a few days we quit by 1pm due to the heat. This fall, we had only a week of weather where I had the guys all doing inside work. Then warm all winter til Friday...and now it is a deep freeze, for us...temps running in the low 20s, wind chill in the low teens...
    I heard the weather guys saying we are in a "la nina" or opposite el nino, the same pattern we had when the May 3rd, 1999 tornado that many of you saw on the news. I do know, what you guys are getting in moisture, we could use as this is the worst drought in many years here  :(

Thank You Sponsors!