iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff with no internet

Started by isawlogs, February 18, 2006, 03:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I talked to Jeff today and he is out of commission . He has no internet at his place .. We was talking away and he would try typing in a search for some thing that we  had talked about   ::) Then would realise that it wasn't going to happen .  :D :D :D
  He is eating his finger nails .. I am not sure what could be worst , me with no nicotine or him with no connection .  ??? ???

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

crtreedude

Only one thing is probably worse - Jeff knowing that we know he has no internet...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

....  he knows that we know  ;D ;) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

I lost power for about 4 hours last night, if that will ease your withdrawals. Maybe it even freed up some bandwidth for a while last night. ;D

Now to see what I can get into.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

We lost power friday at around 9 am, didnt get it back til saturday around 9 am   I didn't know what to do with myself.  It made me realize I need a lap top  :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

UNCLEBUCK

Sometimes I like to shut down the computer for a week so when I fire it back up I have good things to jibber jabber about and I enjoy it but Jeff without it I cant imagine that . I guess when the mothership goes down my world goes down to   smiley_roller
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

UNCLEBUCK

I guess I could have my first yooper night without anyone filtering it  ;D but I found a picture of Jeff going through all my posts tomorrow  pc_smiley
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Ed_K

I lost my hard drive for 2 1/2 weeks  :'( I can just think how the Boss feels  :( :o.
Ed K

Ernie

We were two and a half months without phone or internet after the bridge collapsed taking our phone line with it.  It took about two weeks to not miss the phone but not being able to connect to FF was a real problem--- the medication helped ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jeff

Still no internet due to the big storm, think something at my place fried. I have a minute here at Tammy's office to just say hey as she picks up some paper work. Probably be Tuesday before I get back so apologies to those that have messages me or emailed me that I have not answered. I was behind before this happened due to not getting my email in Florida.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

It was nice coming home to Internet after two weeks+ in the sunny but cold South.  I went through withdrawls for a few days but then it was kinda nice being disconnected 8)  Last year we went to the library on the corner to catch up but never made it this year. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Captain

I talked to Jeff this evening, he sends his regards.  Apparently the big storm has still many victims without power, so the Internet Access is minor in comparison.

He is catching up on his "things to do" list being without internet access...

I told him the admins were keeping things in order and not to just sit in from of the PC staring at the screen waiting for the connectivity to come back.  I did express that we missed him, however...

Captain

getoverit

Corley, I was beginning to think you and the wife had become one of them DanG yankees and decided to stay down here. It's good to see ya back on line and posting again. Hope y'all had a really good time on your well needed vacation !!!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

farmerdoug

I beleive Corley is a true Michigander. 8)  That is I am sure he would have to see snow a few times a year or he would go nuts. :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Corley5

Coming home to single digit temps and then blowing snow for 6 hours yesterday so I could function had me thinking that being a DanG Yankee wouldn't be too bad 8) ;D ;)  True Michigander Yes if it would only snow once or twice a winter it'd be perfect :) ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

That's about all it snowed here, I only had the snow blower out twice all winter. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I seem to be back. :)  The Cable guy is not so sure for how long as there is an underground problem somewhere. I gotta open my email and I am scared to. 6 days without it I know its going to be a flood :-\.

isawlogs

Glad to see you have fingers left to type with .  ;D

Has to withdrawl been hard on ya .  ;)

Marcel

beenthere

Glad you are back. Don't envy you your task of 'catching up', but have at it.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

May the Perlez Gates open for the email flood. ;D

Jeff

Not bad, only 600 and some emails. Probably 30 were worthy of opening. :D

Problem is I am still not caught up with my correspondence from being in Florida and truthfully a bit over whelmed and lost on where to start.  Having a few memory issues related to the nerve pain meds they have me on so I get a bit turned around.

Murf

Are ya sure the memory thing isn't just yer body's reaction ta bein' in Florida?  ::)

I hear lotsa people move down south der an can't rember a DanG thing.  :D

Some kinda dry run fer gettin old-timers disease?  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

iain

Jeff bin them all
any thats important will get resent ;)

iain

Jeff

Well, I think we are up and at em again. Even took the opportunity to get the wireless network completely working so if onewants to use a lap top at the pigroast, you can do it right out at the tables once I give you a key. :)

iain

He's going to keep going till he finds all those comments aint he ::)

iain

Jeff

Who'd this iain guy anyhow? Hes got a ton of posts on his counter and I can find where hes said a thing. smiley_devil_trident  ;)  ;D

iain

I've to place's here i never been afore  smiley_curtain_peek smiley_blush

Iain

iain

And Jeff's finger's must be numb by now
with his mouse close to melt down trying to catch up

iain

woodbowl

Iain, I believe you just hit the 1000 mark.  ???
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

iain

Nah its more than that by now ;D

iain

Murf

That'll teach da Boss ta tell us ta go pokin' about in all the dark corners of da board......  :D

Jeff

While I didn't have internet I had plenty of time to do some house cleaning on my puter. I got a bunch of neglected backing up backed up and actually reclaimed almost 10 gigs of storage over 2 hard drives.  While doing this I found reference to a Forestry Forum file that I had forgotten.

This is something I put up one time when somebody was really angry at me for deleting something or editing or something. I figured that I gave the person a virtual chance to belt me one, that they would take full advantage of it and possibly make them feel better. So, I came up with this.  I do think the person took full advantage of it but gotta think when they were done with me they it made them feel a bit better.   If you want to go ahead and sock me once in the Kisser, feel free.

Get Even with Jeff

Murf

Ever thought about getting a PlayStation or something to keep your mind occupied when you lose the Internet next time?  ::)

:D   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D

Texas Ranger

Hey, neat! You can give Jeff the measels!!!!!!!!!! 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

crtreedude

That didn't look like measels to me - it look like kisses...

Jeff, was this what started the thing with Kevin?!  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

Don just couldnt admit what he was doing to me, repeatedly. ;D

Texas Ranger

Ain't doin nothin repeatedly anymore. :'(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!