iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pic post attempt

Started by Dale Hatfield, February 18, 2006, 11:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Hatfield

Ok  I think i done this right if not feel free to change it.
This is a Deep Relief carving  about 80 percent done with a chainsaw and rest done with carbide burs and sand paper. Carved in White Cedar.
This was done for my wife for Christmas 2005

Dale Hatfield
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

DanG

Good job on the pic.  FANTASTIC job on the carving!! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Dale!!

Ya sure were lucky.   Ya like to have hit that DanGed Indian in that log.

I hit a skink once.

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Coon

That is one SWEET CARVING......  How many hours did it take?
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

getoverit

Beautiful work Dale !!

Good job on the pic posting too !
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DoubleD

I am without words... It a really art-work BEAUTIFUL
Wannabe a sawmiller

Dale Hatfield

How long did it Take ?

That was my first deep relief carving.
It was carved over the span of 2 days.  guess like 14 hours or less.   Things happen pretty quick with a chainsaw. This style of carving was taught to me by Don Winner .  I have done a few others since that one. Unfornataly they dont sell very well. People would rather have a 4 foot bear instead of a wall hanging for the same money.
Where im at good big white cedar is hard to come by. I have to drive to the U.P. to get anything of size.
It takes a 3 foot bar or longer to cut a good slab 6 inches thick.

Dale Hatfield
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

SwampDonkey

That's real good work Dale. Very impression for 2 days work and chain saw carving ta boot. Have you tried ebay? and local fares? Maybe some trading posts? I don't see alot of chainsaw carving hear, but there are a few statues around the province. Maybe someone in northern Maine can help you out with some cedar if your ever in the travelling mood. Good cedar is becoming scarce here, no one relaly manages it. They just go in and cut the whole stand, if they take more than 20 %, it usually falls down with wind.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!