iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I've gone high-tech

Started by DanG, February 15, 2006, 10:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

It has been so cold down here in Florida lately, I've had to upgrade my kindling operation to keep up. ::)

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Looks to be real hackurate  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

chet

:D  :D Did it help yer aim?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

UNCLEBUCK

I like it !  8)  I bet its  DanG accurate !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

beenthere

I should get wonna those, as sometimes I miss just eyeballin it. Looks like that line is 'dead on'  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

I got to wondering if the laser was for aiming or for cutting.I can smell wood burning  :P

DanG

If yer waitin' fer that $5 Walmart laser to burn through, you're gonna be there for a while. ::) :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Coon

8) 8)  You better get marketing that.  You'll never need to work again, unless.....you want to that is. :D :D  Something like that'll sell like hotcakes at a breakfast house. 8) 8)
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

getoverit

heck, I can build one of them laser jobs for the hatchett..... what I wanna know about is that pink garden hose laying on the ground behind it!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

"The DanG Hatchet"  patent pending  8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DanG

That ain't no garden hose.  Ackshully, there's a faded orange air hose there, and a pink extension cord.  Why would a body have a pink extension cord?  Well, I'll tell ya.  I'm the sort of person that would make such a purchase if he found a 14ga, 100ft cord for $15 and that is the only color available.  My garden hose is a nice, manly shade of blue. ;D :D :D :D

iain

Dang you fell straight into the trap,

me thinks he duth protest to much bout the pinkies https://forestryforum.com/board/Smileys/default/bow.gif

iain ( smiley_hairbowyellow, blue and black cord)

thedeeredude

Real cold?  What is it 55 degrees at night :D  You gotta stay up north this weekend for some "Artic Blast" that's coming our way.

woodbowl

DanG, why didn't you bring that new system out while Sprucebunny was here? No wonder we almost froze to death!
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sawguy21

DanG, you best git movin with that laser powered axe. -27C here this morning and I'm shipping some of it down to ya.  ;D BRRRR Now I remember why I am leaving.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Bring it on, Sawguy!  I'm ready for it now! ;D 8) 8) 8)

Deeredude, it was 28° Farenheit when Joan got here that morning.  There were footlong icicles on the old shack by the mill.  Joan says she's bringing her long woolies next time. :D

Coon

You DanG southerners better get your woolies on.  That Artic Blast is on us right now.  It was -29.5 Celcius this morning before the wind.  With the wind chill it was in the neighbourhood of -42 Celcius.  Keep in mind that -40 Celcius is -40 Fahrenheit. :o :o :o
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Slabs

Hey DanG

How old is that hatchet?  Ain't that the style the pilgrims used?
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

DanG

Well, Slabs, it's pretty DanG old, but it ain't the one I had back in the Pilgrim days.  This'n is a pretty nice single bevel job that I picked up at a flea market several years ago.  Splittin' kindlin' ain't eggzackley what it was intended for, but at least it is getting some use.  That beats hanging on Pender's wall. ;D

woodbowl

DanG, did you see Tom's kindlin hatchett?  I've never seen one like it. One side is flat and the other side is rounded. It looks sorta like an aircraft airfoil.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

I used to use George Washington's hatchet to split kindlin' but found out it was too valuable.

I'll try to remember to take a picture of my kindlin' hatchet soon.

Paul_H

Quote from: DanG on February 16, 2006, 08:37:33 PM
  That beats hanging on Pender's wall. ;D

Here is one of Frank's walls.

etat

Just a though.  A hatchet that has a flat surface on one side and a beveled surface on the other side, is in all likely hood, a ROOFING hatchet........... ;D

I used to have several of them.    8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

getoverit

Looks like Frank likes old one of a kind wrenches?

I bought a roofer's hatchett a couple of weeks ago for $1.99 at a salvage store... it is probably worth $.50, but it was a bargain I couldnt pass down. I guess when you really need a hatchett, its worth a fortune?

My dad made one when he was an apprentice blacksmith at the railroad. It is one of my most cherished posessions and is strikingly like DanG's hatchett.

Good Hatchett's are hard to come by.... especially ones that will stay sharp.

I feel a LOT better now knowing that isnt a pink garden hose ya got there DanG !!! I was beginning to wonder about ya  ;D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Slabs

Gee Paul!!!

That looks like my floor.  At least I know where to look for tools.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!