iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got Snow?

Started by Onthesauk, February 12, 2006, 09:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

News says you folks in the East are finally getting some snow.  And record snow in NYC.  This in the middle of global warming.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Troy

Yep, I woke up this morning and looked out the big window to see quite a winter wonderland.  We had about 7-8 inches which is a respectable snowfall for my part of Va.  The woods looked beautiful, but the heavy wet flakes really stuck to the trees and had several down across the driveway so out came the chainsaw... Later in the day as the wind started to pick up three big limbs broke loose from a huge beech in front of the house and came crashing down on the front porch roof.  Shook the whole house!  My daughter enjoyed sledding and helping Dad clean up the debris.  Roads are all clear and it's back to school and work tomorrow...
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

sawguy21

+8C here today and supposed to be -15 with some snow by Thursday.  :o Wassup with that?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Troy

Minus 15C!  That's way past cold!  I'll be thinking about you come Thursday.  Bundle up!
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

Captain

About 16" of the stuff today.  Yep, we were busy.

smiley_fireman_hat

Captain

sawguy21

Troy, we are quite used to that temperature here, just not this winter. I start losing my patience below -20 ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don P

Yup, we just packed it in after the last full moon sled of the night, did you know this is the full snow moon? We have relatives snowed in with us we got almost everyone up to 59-11/12th's to make a run  :D

I broke the lift arm on mine and the neighbor broke a lift pin on his today. I think we'll just take the day, bolt and weld tomorrow. Its still coming down pretty good out there.

IMERC

more than at any time in the last 2 decades...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

thecfarm

We only got a couple inches.Kinda hard to tell with the way the wind blew.I heard we will have temps back up in the 40's again.what a winter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Anyone have a broom I can borrow ?  ;D :D

One inch mark in red on the right. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

Last night on the news, I heard that New York City got 27".  A record for them.

I think they well be alittle late for work.   :D :D :D

Bruce

bull

Got Snow,You Betcha.  16+ inches  18 hours in the plow hit the sack @ 1 am this morning. Its now 8 am. Im up and its time to push back drifts and cleanup the piles and corners !!! 8)  For once winter will pay off.....

Engineer

I dunno how I'm gonna deal with the half-inch or so that made my lawn white....  ::)

I know - I'll wait 'til Wednesday and it will be GONE  ;D :D ;D :D

SwampDonkey

The wind took mine, I don't know where it went. :D :D Still lots of crust and ice. About 8 inches in the woods where it's sheltered. Great weather, not a cloud in the sky. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thedeeredude

We got about 6 inches.  Now thursday its to be 52*.  Make sense of that.

SwampDonkey

Rain coming here the end of the week. It warmed up 15 degrees here since 6:00 am. Back into February weather. ;D

wiam

We did not get any out of this storm.

Will

crtreedude

Nope, no snow down here. Must be global warming...  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Frank_Pender

It just began here at 5:00 this morning.   It will probably skiff or so.   Must have swirled around the North Pole and decided to come this way a bit.  How about it Paul, have you received any as yet? :D
Frank Pender

Lori

We got about 18 inches give or take, but I am not complaining. Its been a calm , warm winter this year and I was kind of missing how beautiful the snow looks...usually by now we are wondering where to put it! ;)
We dont quit laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit laughing...

Thank You Sponsors!