iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blue Ox

Started by Norwiscutter, February 11, 2006, 01:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norwiscutter

Nice write up for this section's sponsor in sawmill and woodlot. Looks like a great piece of equipment that I sure could use, along with a 1 ton truck, and an edger, and a kiln, and a....well you guys get the picture.

I was wondering though, I were to win the lottery tonight and deciede to purchase one of those, would I be able also use it for hauling my skid loader?  How far back does the dumb bed tilt and would it be possible to drive my skid steer right up it or would I still need ramps?

Just thinking outloud.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

DanG

The Blue Ox hinges right at the back-end, since it is a dump trailer rather than a tilt trailer.  The back-end doesn't get much, if any, lower when it is dumping.  You'd still need ramps.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Captain

AND they make a nifty place to slide the ramps right in....

woodmills1

anyone have price info on the Ox?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DanG

Woodmills, go to this here thread right here and look at reply #30.  That's straight from the pretty lady what cracks the whip around there. :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=14676.20
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

Now ifin I justs hits the lottery! :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!