iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its a Special Day!

Started by Jeff, February 07, 2006, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am proclaiming today, and dont quote me on this, NO QUOTE DAY! 8)

I feel the need to feel the freedom to read things that dont come outta the blue so ta speak. A day to catch up on the forum without wading through the redundant blue duplications that repeat themselves over and over repeatedly.

ITS NO QUOTE DAY!   8)

and maybe tamarrah...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

iain

You've been stuck on a log again havent you ;)

iain

Onthesauk

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Roxie

The quote will be back tamarrah smiley_singsongnote01
Bet your bottom dollar that tamarrah, there'll be quotes.
When the boss is away it's gray and lonely
My coke's stuck to my chin I'll grin and say
Tamarrah!  Tamarrah! 
We love ya Tamarrah!
You're only a quote awaaaaaaaaay!! 
Say when

iain

Some one else who's probably still stuck on the log, and is very, very tired ::)

iain

sandmar

Tom made you eat grits didn't he  :(

Sandmar

SwampDonkey

quote  ;D 'If she wants the play lumberjack, then she'll have to learn to handle her end of the log'  ;D end quote

Dirty Harry
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Want to  have some fun?

Put two posts in your monitor screen, if it will hold them, and you will be able to read two post twice at the same time.   When you quote the post above your post, you can actually get the same words on your screen twice without having to scroll.   'Course it makes a post hard to read, and makes the forum look dumb, and takes up a lot of storage space on the server that has to be paid for somehow later on, but it can be done.     :)

IL Bull

I see the "quote" button is still there. smiley_clapping
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

iain

Tom your just trying to up you post rate aint you ;)

iain

Jeff

Redundant repetitive repetition.

Does that make sense?  I wanted to point out something that has been occurring with an alarming rate lately, almost like an infection.  You will certainly notice where it has occurred while reading with the temporarily modified format, if you read the right threads. How a little blue and the words "quote" disguise the ridiculous.  The quote function is a cool tool for a thread that runs long or over multiple pages or even for making referrals from a totally different part of the Forestry Forum, where you need to clarify what it is or who it is you are referring to and used selectively to point out and quoting parts of a post. To quote an immediatly preceeding post, time after time turns a conversation into a joke. Go out and look right now. I am sure you will agree. The Forestry Forum and its members have had a past that is well known for being friendly and inviting because we take the time to actually converse. This ain't a chat room. Its different and most of the membership realizes this and appreciates it. It one of the reasons you stuck around after your initial meeting.  I suppose some folks will think I am picking on them or directing my attention exclusivly at them, well I am not. However. if the shoe fits, its not going to come in to style here because it clashes with everything else in the closet. Please think about conversing rather then talking at someone or throwing passages around like Frisbees.

I suppose some may get a little perturbed at this "directive" but at times I feel the need to step in and "steer" just as I have always done. In the not to distant past I have actually heard "I love the Forestry Forum and the atmosphere, and the people, and having a place like this to go but I just hate the way the place is run. "  Huh? ??? :)

Bro. Noble

Well,  them guys were beginning to get 'Mr Clean' a little pithed too >:(,  but I'll not quote him on his caustic remarks :o  ::) ;)

Maybe it would be a good idea to give some instructions on how to use Instant Messages too,  so's them guys can take care of their personal business without taking up so much forum time and space :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

thurlow

Jeff...............I bet you herded cats in another (prior) life? :D 8) :)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Paul_H

Noble,
I kind of miss Mr Clean and his quotes.He had a few real good ideas on how to solve a couple of problems around here.

They were long shots,but attainable. :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

What did I miss now?  :D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Beats me I'm still swirly headed trying to figger out what Tom said, but don't quote me on dat.

ohsoloco

You're not the only one that missed this one, SwampDonkey  :D  Wait, that doesn't count, I miss all kinds of stuff  ;D

Dan_Shade

Quote from: Jeff B on February 07, 2006, 10:43:14 AM
I am proclaiming today, and dont quote me on this, NO QUOTE DAY! 8)

I feel the need to feel the freedom to read things that dont come outta the blue so ta speak. A day to catch up on the forum without wading through the redundant blue duplications that repeat themselves over and over repeatedly.

ITS NO QUOTE DAY!   8)

and maybe tamarrah...

I hear that!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Sprucegum

Now I am proud of myself for never learnin' how to run this thing good enough to make a "QUOTE"
   :-X  :-X  ;D

Jeff

Occasionally I do things for the fun of it. Occasionally I do things because they need to be done. Occasionally I do things because I am Dead doggone serious. Sometimes they all get blended into something that I hope gets through.

This is an "Occasional sometimes".  Hopefully a fun way of saying listen up. I certainly don't need to be quoted. Not even publicly acknowledged. Just know that this is important in my eyes. I don't have an appropriate smiley for this post at this time.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

If any of you belong to a mail list you would quickly believe in what Jeff has to say. Quotes are a lot like replying to an e mail and including the original e mail, but doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!

It gets hard to read! I have been guilty of "quoting" only because I started in the forum world in a electronics forum that has many thousands of members with even more impersonal posts.

I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.
I will not quote.

I promise.

Brian
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

sawguy21

Geez Jeff, all that fun in Florididia and now yer havin a PMS day. I did not know it wuz an issue, I will keep it down to a minimum, unless of course it involves C or asy. :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

I don't think da boss is saying we shouldn't use the quote feature.  If that was the case, he would simply remove it.  I think he is saying that it is being overused to the point that it is overloading the server!  You do not have to use "quote" in order to reply to a post.  There is a "reply" button for that purpose.  Use the quote feature if it is appropriate, but we should all rely on our ability to word a reply so that its intent is clear without repeating everything that has been said previously.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Oh please - don't let Janet see this thread. There is Piggy Roast - and then there is Piggy Backers. Excessive quoting is called piggybacking.

And Janet threatens to roast any who does it.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Brucer

Oh great! First I use a quote in a post. Then I read this one :(.

Sometimes it's simpler to use a quote than to try to explain which part of which reply yer replyin' to. When I do use 'em, I always make it a point to edit away the unnecessary parts of the quote -- especially links to images.

Looking back, I could just as well have left out my last quote and got my meaning across. A little reality check from time to time never hurts ;). Thanks, Boss.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!