iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case of Cabin Fever from the Winter Blues...who else?

Started by Paschale, February 06, 2006, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Man...it sure hit me hard today, driving to work in a cloudy, featureless sky, surrounded by a dreary landscape half covered with snow--no life to be seen anywhere.  I hate this time of year...I always say that February's the longest month.  BLECH!!!!

It wouldn't be so bad if the sun popped out...I just go so stir crazy I wanna scream sometimes! 

Any home spun cures for the winter doldrums?  Anyone else out there in the same boat?   ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ohsoloco

Yeah, February and March can get pretty dreary.  The sun popped out a little bit today, so it wasn't too bad.  Although, I'm just glad to be outside working again.  I wrecked my three wheeler last Wednesday and got beat up pretty bad, and ended up having eight staples put in my leg.  The dog was especially happy I could play outside again  :D

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on February 06, 2006, 10:42:47 PM
;D

I got my face sunburned today and took this photo, does it help?

https://forestryforum.com/gallery2/florida_2006/DSC02827

Glad you're able to enjoy that kinda weather!  I keep telling myself I need to go down south sometime in the winter.  I think that just even a few days away, preferably a week, would make all the difference in the world.  I think right now, I'll start planning for next year!   ;D  I have a free weekend this March...looked at a quick jump down to Georgia to see my Aunt and Uncle, but the flights were WAY too expensive.   ::)

There's an awesome botanical garden here, the Meijer Gardens, and they have an indoor greenhouse where they keep it at 80 degrees year round.  I might need to go over there and sign up again...that's as close to a sunburned face I'm gonna be able to get for a LONG time!   ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

I am working at uploading photos now, maybe they will help a little? PROBABLY NOT! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Sorry to hear that Paschale.  Today we had cloudless, sunny skies. About 28° and little wind. About as good as they come, IMO.  :)
I hear snow in Atlanta soon?   ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_S.

Normally I'd be right there commiserating with you, but it was almost 50 degrees a couple days last week. I finally put the plow on the truck in anticipation of tomorrow, first time this season. All in all, a mild winter, so I haven't gone as stir crazy as usual. Another 5 weeks and they hold a large garden show here. That's good for a nose full of blooming flowers, if only for a few hours. smiley_daisy
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Ernie_Edwards

Paschale,

That Meijers Gardens is a neat place.

Look for the little Button Quail running around loose there. Thay got them from Darla. We brought them from Arizona when we moved here but they had to be in the house during the winter. I didn't like that so we only kept them for that first winter then they went to Meijers Gardens.

When they have the butterflies it is real cool. Butterflies from all around the world.

I think the winter blahs are especially bad this Feb cause Jan was so mild.

But syrup season is only 5-6 weeks away, and that helps.

Ernie Edwards

SwampDonkey

Quote from: beenthere on February 06, 2006, 11:13:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Paschale.  Today we had cloudless, sunny skies. About 28° and little wind. About as good as they come, IMO.  :)
I hear snow in Atlanta soon?   ::) ::)

Same here. Winter doesn't slow me up one bit. I'm out in it almost every day. We have next to nothing for snow and I can walk anywhere in the woods. Even if there were snow, I get out the snow shoes. I found a set of new tracks out my woodlot trail last week. So I walked out and met up with the perpetrator. It was an RCMP officer working on the border patrol. He said he seen tracks and decided to follow. I don't know what he thought he was going to find out there in the middle of winter.  ::)  :D He commented on my nice woodlot and we chewed the fat for 20 minutes. Then he made his way back to his pickup while I continued by woodlot jont.  :) I found another area later that day where people stole tips last fall. They never hurt the trees, but I own the trees and no one asked.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

Do you notice Jeff's double standard?  ::) Here he wished a freaky snow storm on us down here for just reporting the facts - and now he is tormenting people with his pictures.  :D

We don't have cabin fever down here - nope. I'll have to rustle up a Tico and see if I can explain the concept. You should have seen when I tried to explain that in some parts of the world, food doesn't grow all year long.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

iain

shopteacher

I got my face sunburned today and took this photo, does it help?

https://forestryforum.com/gallery2/florida_2006/DSC02827

Hard to see on this screen.  Which one is you?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

iain

Teach, he's bottom left tail in the air, :D

head down lookin fomogrits, since they were visiting grits beach  :D

iain

Burlkraft

I've had enough so Tuesday Jill and I are leavin' for Daytona....Her parents got us a suite and tickets to 7 races 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Any gritz in Daytona ??? ??? ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Teri

Awww Man...You got tickets??????    8) 8) 8) 8)
I'm going to watch all the races on tv. Much safer than driving the 3 hours to the track. ;)
Starting this week you won't be able to get near the place. I'm sure the empty fields along I95 are already getting packed with RV's and tents.

Heck Yeah, they got GRITZ in Daytona!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!