iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Expo

Started by Kevin, February 05, 2006, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

May 12th and 13th 2006

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario on the Michigan border.

http://canusaexpo.com/

chet

I'm thinkin' strongly on gettin' ta this show.  Anybody else considering it?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Yup.  Not sure if it's gonna work but it's a possibility :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Anybody know if we need us a passport yet, so we can git back home?   ???
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

I don't think so Chet. But, does your driver's license have a photo? They sometimes check licenses at the US customs.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I see one of the sponsors is Thomas Equipment. That's from right here in Centreville. I'm not sure if the head quarters is still here because China bought it from McCain Foods a year or so ago.

http://www.thomasloaders.com/

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

I've heard and read that passports are going to be needed in 2007, and have heard that a copy of the birth certificate was good to have along when coming back into the states now. The drivers license is used for a lot, such as boarding planes, but WI is one state that issues drivers licenses to anyone, without regard to citizenship. "cheapens" that document in a hurry, but WI thinks asking for more documentation will hurt their feelings.

I'd think the Expo would offer such information in their site that was cited.  But I didn't see it.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I live 2 miles from a crossing here and all they ever ask for is a drivers license when going into Maine. They will be requiring a passport or a lesser costly form of ID by some time in 2007. Go and enjoy your expo. I don't know what's becoming of all this when you all are afraid of your own citizens coming home.  ::)

beenthere

The point is, I believe, that they are 'our' citizens coming home.  :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I'm tentatively planning on going if Chet goes. Our family cabin is only 45 minutes from the soo and we can stay there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Pack yer bags, 'cause I'm goin'.  :)

Furby

Don't see the info on their site.
Anyone know if there is an entrance fee and are we required to register in advance?
What about hours of operation?

chet

You are not required to register in advance, but I did.  May save some standing in line.  :D 

Dana

I got the brochure on it last week.  It looks like the biggest event I will find with only a two hour drive. :)
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Kevin

That reminds me, I have to order some band blades from Wood-Mizer.
I wonder if LogRite will be there?  ;D

Dana

If Logrite is there, I would like to talk to them about manufacturing a rock tong. ;)
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D

Maybe a giant sling shot like they made on PBS (in Scotland). Sorry, it's funny what someone writes sometimes spawns thoughts of past experiences. ;)

Kevin

Jeff

Chet and his Bro in law, Nailhead, pasbuild and I will be converging on the eastern U.P. this Thursday at the cabin and attending the show on Friday from there. If there are any members coming up that want to stop in send me an instant message!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I want you all chained together wearing orange jump suits, I'll have the bus ready to take you to the gated resort.  ;D

Ron Scott

I was suppose to be in the Soo tomorrow and Friday at Lake Superior State College for the State SAF meeting and technical session and could have "tied in" with you fellas for the Forestry Expo, but I had to cancel due to the recent shoulder surgery.

Will be in physical therapy instead. :'(
~Ron

Corley5

I hope the weather straightens out for you guys.  Looks like it might be a bit damp  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Been damp here this week also. Wet woods, yuck!! {{Shiver}} ::) >:(

Kevin

It rained a bit yesterday, I work north of the Sault and couldn't get the time to stop in but I'm heading there in an hour.
No rain right now but we could see some later.

Kevin

Just got back home, cruising through the lot this morning I passed by the Vermeer dealer and stopped to talk with them.
The rep recognized my Forestry Forum hat and jacket and said he met two others from the forum there yesterday.
I asked him if they were dressed in orange and chained together and he said they were.  ;D

I managed to buy my portable winch and some arborist supplies and get this ... I called Wood-Mizer about a month ago to ask if they would bring some band blades to the show.
The gal said that Dave was out of the office and would take my name and number and have him call me back.
Well I was on the road at the time so I said don't bother, I'll get back to him.

I got busy and lazy and didn't get around to calling back.
Today at the show I see Dave and jokingly ask if he brought any bandsaw bands for the LT-15 ...and he had!
The gal had remembered that I wanted bands for an LT-15 from a two second conversation on the phone and Dave loaded them up and delivered them.
NOW THAT'S SERVICE that can't be beat! Amazing!
Thanks, Wood-Mizer Canada.

Thank You Sponsors!