iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ever Heard of Shredler Maple

Started by Benger, October 23, 2002, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benger

Has anyone ever heard of shredler maple. I'm not sure of the spelling. It could be anything (schredler, schrydlar,shedlar, etc.) It looks like it might be a red swamp maple but the guy that has 'em says they're shredler. Thanks for any info or any help on where to look. Thanks again, Benger.

Tom

It's a  long shot but I wonder if he might be referring to the chipper or shredder that is used for pulp wood at the paper mill.  Perhaps this wood is Pulp wood and he is calling it Shredder Wood.  

I don't know what I'm talking about but it sounds good, huh? :D

Bro. Noble

Benger,

Welcome to the forum,

The 1949 yearbook of agriculture "TREES" lists  Schwedler Maple (Acer plantanoides var. schwedleri)

It is a variety of Norway Maple and has bright red leaves in the spring turning deep green.

Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Benger

Thanks for the info Noble.

The discription you give sounds right on. In the summer it almost looks like a crimson king mple as far as color is concerned, but it grows to fast for that. Crimson king is about the hardest, slowest growing maple in these parts. Sometimes you have to go back to the old books,etc. to find the answers.

Thanks again, Benger.

Bro. Noble

Old Books?   Wasn't so old when I got it.

Noble

Tom

Ok, Noble.  What kind of wood is your Rocking Chair made.  You've got to rock with the boards on the porch, not against them.  See,  you're not so old! :D

An "old feller" gave me this information. :P :D

Which direction do you rock, Benger? ;D

What are you going to do with the Maple?

Bro. Noble

Tom,

As I am younger than you and Benger, 'ROCK' may mean something different to me, dude.

Noble

Tom

Benger

OK, so I'm older'n you guys, but I still can rock a bit. Just take my time and enjoy, but not with a chair. No time for that.

The maple type just came up in a discussion while having a few cold ones in the shade of one after an afternoons fishing.
Yes, we also caught our limit of Walleye that day too.

They grow real fast so I expect that they're soft so not much good for anything but quick shade.

Thanks again for the info etc. Benger.

Thank You Sponsors!