iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings from Florida!

Started by Jeff, February 02, 2006, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Hey Jeff!  Make sure you eat up all of them shrimps before I get there.  I love the things, but can't eat them.  Don't know why, but they make me sick as a dog. :'( :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DoubleD

Boss baciamo le mani. You and Tom are having a lot of fun over there good on ya 8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Jeff

OK, our work for today is done. We can go play. Here are today's work photos ;D

Man, ya cant get nothing done around here without a napkin. 8)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Wow, that looks like some real good eatin' in that pan. Mmmmmmmm!!!

Jeff, what ya got stickin' in your hair? Almost looks like a flower there too.  You run into a 'beauty parlor' like ckate did last month?  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

That probbly just got stuck in the pine tar on his haid when they was out in the woods. ::)  I'm beginnin' ta think that fork is stuck to his hand, too. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dana

Jeff, Don't be in any too much of a hurry to get off that front porch to head North! :) We just had a pretty good snow storm up here. The rest of the week is going to be more like winter.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Jeff

More food and football.  ;D  Hope to check in later tanight with photos Florida stle. (Sorry no short shots yet. Its COWELD!) :D

dail_h

Ya know ,da boss is pretty lucky he didn't wait till spring ,when the sap's flowin ta visit Tom. He'd be stuck up wors'n b're rabbit 'n the tar baby. (snicker) It's a shame ain't nobody tole him 'bout karaseen
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

customsawyer

Good morning to yall hope you have a another fine day in the south. Jeff I think you ought to stick around tell the knats get started and take all of them back with ya.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

billbobtlh

Tom, Make sure Jeff has room on his bags to carry back some lighter wood to see what that stickey stuff is really good for. Looks like yall are having a great time..  :)

iain

Never mind the wood Tom, make sure he aint over fed

just thinking of the weight for the return flight, you could send them cinn whorlies over here for safe keeping ;)

iain

Jeff

I had a big plate of shrimp and rice for supper. ;D  Tonight I was thinking of posting some florida road signs I saw on the way to Toms saw job today. Not sure if they are typical or not  Be back in a bit.

OH!  I think I am losing my accent more and more every day. ;D  Not sure whats going on here. I guess I had grits fro breakfast on Saturday, ate them all and did not realize it until today.

Another event! I thought I would be rich and had found a virtual gold mine. Tom didnt bother to tell me that the returnable beer cans I was finding along da road were worth a dime wernt worth anything until I had ten dollars worth. :-X

Ed_K

I gota find me a cherry lot so I can afford to go see Tom. Course I'd have to stop at my sons in St Aug  ;D. Danny said the gnats are out, don't let em bite cha, they'll itch for weeks.
Ed K

Jeff

Its to cold for knats I gotta think. The bank we passed this morning said 37, however I di manage to sun burn my face I think. 8)

Jeff

Here are some of those Florida street signs I was talkin about.

This photo here tells about how today went on the sawmilling side of things. :-\

We did get some wood cut but didn't really get going until after lunch once we chased parts and got that blown line fixed up.

From yesterday here is a photo of me and arock. And a ship. and just noticed, someone in a Gilligan hat.

iain

Where you get the rocks?

thought Florida was all swamp?

iain

Roxie

I wanna live on Hambone Drive!!   8)
Say when

crtreedude

Did you know that the official hat of Costa Rica is a Gilligan hat? I kid you not.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

GF

Hey Jeff, have you seen any of those cell phone towers they have camouflaged as pine trees? 

Jeff

Not yet. I think Tom posted a photo once of one of those. He knows where one is he says.

DanG

He probbly saw one and thought it was a pine tree. ::)

Jeff

I dare say we might have bigger pines in Michigan then you have here so I do know a pine tree from a phone pole. Its just a yankee misconception that somehow has passed on, that apparently that the farther south you go, the less you know. Thats not the case at all. I find Tom as knowlegable in his realm as I find his and your northern counter parts. Fact is, Tom and I have exchanged so much thinking stuff our forheads are starting to get a cromagnum looking protrusion.

crtreedude

Now wait one cotton-picking minute! What is this about the further South you go, the less thinking there is?!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

Read: "yankee misconception"  :)

GF

Quote from: Jeff B on February 07, 2006, 12:06:40 PMTom and I have exchanged so much thinking stuff our forheads are starting to get a cromagnum looking protrusion.

Is this possibly the same place that your head may have been stuck to a pine tree?  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!