iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well did he see it or not?

Started by Sawyerfortyish, February 02, 2006, 12:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

I haven't heard yet if Punxsutawney Phil seen his shadow or not but if we get 6 more weeks of winter like we've had that'll put an end to the firewood business >:(.

ohsoloco

Seems we'll be having six more weeks of winter...if you call this winter   :-\

http://www.groundhog.org/prediction/

Roxie

Yes!  He did see his shadow, which means we get 6 more weeks of winter, which will be really nice, since we haven't had one week of winter yet!!   :D
Last week....January.....bee's were out.  I've never seen a bee in January in my entire life, but there they were!  It's 55 here today.  Someone moved the jet stream and we're gettin DanG weather!   :)
Say when

ohsoloco

I even pulled a tick off of my dog's neck last week  :(

Jeff

Today Jeff B did not see his shadow in Florida and has proclaimed that there will be ten less days of winter ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

How are the ladies doin at home? Prolly glad to be havin a "vacation" as well  ::) ??? 8) 8) ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jtmccallum

I saw my shadow while in Phoenix, still got ten days less winter.  8) 8)  I haven't seen much of my shadow this winter while in Michigan. :(  i'm not looking forward to being gone in March, but it should about finish off mud season.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Phorester

Been in the 50s daytime, 30s nighttime for the last couple weeks in 'ol Virginny.  Some trees have broken bud. Supposed to get cold late next week. 30s during the day and 20 at night.  We'll see.

Max sawdust

We got winter up hear 8) 8) 8) 8)
All you in da south better start eaten grits :D :D :D :D :D
Snow on the ground since November and snow up to the knees  now;D
Ya a little warm in the 20s but not enough to melt the snow but for an hour or so a day.)

PS clear and sunny for ground hog day so I guess winter will be short snow should melt in April and Ice off da lakes will be end of April or instead of early may :o  We got a foot plus of ice ;D
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Don P

I'm not complainin one bit. We got masons outdoors and on the roof, hoping the warm holds on just a little longer, or all winter  8). Michelle was down near Chapel Hill last weekend and saw a few daffodils.

Corley5

If our local woodchuck  ;)  slept in he saw his shadow if he got up early he didn't.  Beautiful day for Feb 2.  Highs close to forty and sunny.  Maybe I oughta stay home instead of heading for Fl.  Nope I heard something about arctic weather for next week so that means it'll probably be the coldest weather of the year in Fl too ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Coon

I guess spring will be coming here early as he saw his shadow up here in Canuckistan.  But the way it's looking and feeling we are just gonna start our cold weather.  It has crept down to -20 degrees Celcius here tonight as of about 8 pm.  They claim it'll be warming up considerably during the daytime though.  Don't think our winter'll be coming within the next 6 weeks though.
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

crtreedude

I think that Punxsutawney Phil was shot and eaten down here. That's what you do with rodents that keep predicting more winter...  >:(

They haven't had winter in forever down here.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sawguy21

I am sure he saw it here. Bright sunny day, I was comfortable in a t-shirt. I was certain I had missed February and March and it was April. I hear ya Roxie, we are still waiting for winter to start
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

It's really unusual.  This time last year, our frost line was down almost 19" and this year we haven't had the ground frozen at all.  Today it's raining and a high of 62 is expected.  The Amish farmers spread manure over their fields when it snows....kind of time releases the fertilizer.  This year, they can't get into the fields because of the mud and those pits are getting deep! 
Last night, we slept with the window wide open.  February.  Unreal. 
Say when

Sawyerfortyish

Six more weeks of winter. Yea right. It's 58 degrees out right now  :o. I wonder what ground hog  tastes like  ;) ::)

Roxie

Cowboy Bob said it ain't bad...but coon is better!   :D
Say when

Patty

We are having a reality check here in Iowa today...it is COLD and WINDY. Brrrr!   Bring back that DanG global warming! ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

crtreedude

The proper solution:

Woodchuck Stew

1 woodchuck
2 onions, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
Flour
Vinegar and water
Salt and pepper
Cloves

Clean woodchuck; remove glands; cut into serving pieces. Soak overnight in a solution of equal parts of water and vinegar with addition of one sliced onion and a little salt. Drain, wash, and wipe. Parboil 20 minutes, drain, and cover with fresh boiling water. Add one sliced onion, celery, a few cloves, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender; thicken gravy with flour.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

SwampDonkey

Ain't gonna matter weather there was a ground hog or not, there's gonna still be another 12 weeks before the frost leaves the ground around here. I usually can plant trees around the 21st of April, but there are still frost pockets.  ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

CR, you forgot the final part of the recipe. When done take the dish from the heat and go to the door to holler that supper's about ready. Trip on threshold and sling pot into yard. Curse loudly, call the hounds to clean up, grab the car keys and go get some real food  ;D.

sawguy21

Quote from: Don P on February 03, 2006, 06:15:04 PM
CR, you forgot the final part of the recipe. When done take the dish from the heat and go to the door to holler that supper's about ready. Trip on threshold and sling pot into yard. Curse loudly, call the hounds to clean up, grab the car keys and go get some real food  ;D.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Careful Roxie, you are going to make our Coon real nervous.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!