iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unusual varmint found sleeping on log pile, Please help identfy

Started by woodbowl, January 31, 2006, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Quote from: DanG on February 01, 2006, 07:44:31 AM
Hey Radar!  Turn on yer chellspecker, man!  Ya misspelled "Genious". ::)

hehe, you misspelled 'genius' too, genius!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

asy

Quote from: DanG on February 01, 2006, 08:16:15 AM
It was a test, Asy.  You done good. 8) 8)

;D

Wel, if theys won fing I kan do, itz spel goode.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

thedeeredude

I'd say it's Bigfoot, but there is just too much gray hair :o

Texas Ranger

I found dat picture of a young gray fletched pecker wood, only no gray, no beard, and small logs.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Radar67

Quote from: DanG on February 01, 2006, 07:44:31 AM
Hey Radar!  Turn on yer chellspecker, man!  Ya misspelled "Genious". ::)

Dan, weren't trying to spell genius.......... :D :D :D :D :D

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

Staples, that's a good shot of that immature G.F Peckerwood.  I can see that the beard has started to creep over its crest, enroute to its final position below the beak.  It also hasn't begun to develop that wonderful patina the mature Peckerwoods have.  I can tell that that is a really old photograph, taken before Al Gore invented color. :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Daren

Quote from: DanG on February 01, 2006, 08:42:24 PM
wonderful patina .

I like that, Sugar that is not mud all over the kitchen floor, grease on my new shirt, fish guts in the drive way... It's a wonderful patina!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

DanG

Now you're catching on, Daren.  Patinae can be our friends! 8) 8)

:D :D :D

Texas Ranger

Dang, I see that there pecker wood most every morning, and he sure as heck has got some patina.  And a lot less crest, but is gray, and the logs aint got any bigger. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

iain

Yip we get them around here all the time'

ASY you dont want to shot em, well not when the get to looking as tuckered out as that one looks,  they tend to get a bit tough and dont make for very good eating,

make beezer pets though, good for shuffling about the yard, muttering to them selves, coughing and spluttering in the morning,

keep a can of easy start handy, dont go wasting no money on pretzels

iain

Frank_Pender

Well, I am glad all you folks can make out what is resting on them there logs, cuz ZI sure can't.   I do not need glasses, either.  ZI am going to try and find a magnifying class to look closer. :'(
Frank Pender

rbjones03

Ok let give this guy a break. It can take years to learn to sleep in those kind of positions.........................................

Although, some just come by naturally.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

iain

DanG

They're Pecan, iain, and me and brdmkr are gonna cut'em up if there's anything left after we dig the nails out. ::)  The biggest one has a bit of butt flare, but the bole is about 36" and 10-12 feet long.

Tom

You properly pronounce that "pea can", Iain.  Don't listen to some of these High faluttin' blue bloods that say " peh cahn".  Your pinky finger might start sticking out and your wrist become limp.  ;D :D

iain

thurlow

Quote from: Tom on February 02, 2006, 04:14:41 PM
You properly pronounce that "pea can", Iain. 
HEY, HEY, HEY.............you and Paula Deen and who else?  When I first started watching her and she kept talking about pea cans, I liketouvnever figured out what  she was talking about. :D :D :D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

VA-Sawyer

I'm with Thurlow on this one. Every time someone talks about a 'pea-can', I think of the 'pissboy' from the movie 'History of the World' by Mel Brooks.   ;D

DanG

The nuances of the Southern(and proper) dialect are subtle, and undetectable to the untrained ear.  A pecan(pea_can) is a nut, or in this case a log, and a pee_can is what coffee comes in. ::)

VA-Sawyer

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

VA-Sawyer is obviously a transplant, cuz around here it is most certainly a pea can. :o ;D :D :)
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Roxie

Say when

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Engineer

When I was about 14 we were in New Orleans on a steamboat cruise (the Mississippi Queen) up the river.  One of the stops, we were on a bus touring some of the antebellum homes, and the driver was asked a question about them "nuts".  He said, and I quote:

"Pe-cahns is what y'all put in a pie.  The PEE-can is at the back of the bus.  Any mo' questions?"   :D

It's always been pe-CAHN to me since then.

Thank You Sponsors!