iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problems with power up and down

Started by Duncan, January 29, 2006, 06:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

I have an LT-70 that I have been having problems with the up down motor continuously slipping on the belt when sawing in the wonderful rainy weather we have been having for the last two months.

I did not see any way to actually adjust the tension that the spring gives so I am looking for fixes.  Any help would be appreciated.
Kelly

highpockets

I cover mine with a Walmart Tarp, and go inside until is stops raining. Of course we haven't had much rain lately.   
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

MartyParsons

Duncan,
Check the bearings on the mast, does the up Down motor move at pivot ( The LT40 Supers would rust fast at the pivot point if not lubed correctly) We ( In PA) have never seen this problem on a LT70. The up down motor has a spring that pulls tension on the belt. Take the belt home and dry it out. Do you have a new LT70 with the up down assist? Let me know the fix if you find somthing.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Duncan

The bearing seem to be fine, just a little push on the motor usually stops it and it works fine.  It's just a pain to do. 
Kelly

sparks

Duncan, sounds like we may hav a bad belt and or a weak spring. E-mail me and I'll get you what you need.  Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ARKANSAWYER

I was in WA one time and they told me when I could see this mountian off to the east to carry my rain coat.  If I could not see the mountian off to the east to wear my rain coat.   Maybe your LT70 needs a rain coat?   ???
  Let us know if Sparks parts help.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!