iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A kinda special plant.

Started by DanG, January 28, 2006, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Yep, this one is kinda special to me because my Uncle George propagated it.  George Owens was my Grandmother's younger brother, who was a self-educated horticulturist.  He worked for years developing the coloring and stability of "his baby."  This is the final product of his efforts, the Miss Aiken Camellia.  He named it such, because he was a very proud native and resident of Aiken, South Carolina.  My Uncle got a few cuttings from it a few years back, and has rooted a bunch of new plants from them.  Recently, he gave Linda and I a plant he produced from those cuttings, and this is how it looks now.  It will have a place of honor in front of our new house. :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

That's a pretty flower, Dan.   I know how proud you are of it because I have a family flower too.  I would sure hate to lose it.

Your Uncle did good to become official.  Take good care of it and I'll swap cuttings with you one day.  :)

sprucebunny

That's beautiful, DanG  :)

Does it have the wonderful camelia smell ???

Camelia, hiacynth, and lilac are my favorite flower smells. ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DanG

Couldn't tell ya about the smell, SB.  Seem's my smeller has bit the dust lately. :-\  'Tis a pretty posey, though, ain't it? :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

Looks like the results of some good breeding Dang. :)

Oh, I meant the flower. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Wowwee DanG!!!

It's GORGEOUS!

I love Camelias, not sure they'd grow here, might be too hot, but My Grandparents had a few bushes out front of their house and they were a gorgeous pink, similar to yours, so whenever I see Camelias I remember them.

If I see a Miss Aiken in a shop around here I'll have to get one and see how I go with it!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!