iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Man! I had a great day!

Started by DanG, January 27, 2006, 12:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

That's great to hear DanG...nothing like a good start on a project that is gonna consume all of your time and most of your money over the next year. 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Den Socling

We're DanG glad you have a good guy to work with. We had a good, local electrical inspector who finally got fed up with the DanG code rules up here an quit.

But it all reminds me of this morning.  We delivered a $130,000 vac kiln to an Amish mill. They had joked that there would be 30 Amish men there to unload it (17,000 lbs  :o ) but they had a crane lined up. They had a little addition built onto the mill with no roof. The crane lowered the 26' vacuum chamber down into a space about 28' long. Amish men with roughsawn 2 x's, hammers and chainsaws climbed on top of the kiln and proceeded to put the lid on.

UNCLEBUCK

Thats fantastic Mr. DanG !  smiley_smash
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DanG

Larry, make that, "most of my time and ALL of my money!" ::) :D :D

Slabs, put some bear grease on the wagon wheels and head on over here.  I kin use all the help I kin git!

Had another pretty fair day today.  I set around the house for a good part of the morning, waiting for time to pick up the permits.  I decided to call first.  The pore little lady that answered the phone was swamped, because her partner was out for the day.  She had the thing on her desk, all approved and everything, but hadn't had time to type it up yet.  I told her to just work on it when she had time and I'll pick it up Monday or Tuesday.  Much as I want to hold it in my hand, I don't really need it till we dig the footings.  I think I made another friend in the Building Dept. 8) 8)

Woodbowl came over for a little visit and a trip to Mr. Hootie's place.  We had a very large time visitin' and pokin' around the junk....er, I mean quality merchandise at the surplus yard.  While we was trying to find our way back out of that place, the contractor buddy called and said he would be at my place in 30 minutes to shoot the levels with his little 3 legged telescope thingy, so Woodbowl anted up for all the crap he had throwed in the back of his truck, and we high-tailed it back to the house.  We drawed some lines on some boards, then set back and shot the bull for a bit, till they had to go and I had to feed some animals.  I like days like this. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Corley5

Good Deal 8) 8) 8) 8)  Gotta love it when things better than expected ;D ;D ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodbowl

Here it is! Shooting the grade for DanG's new house.                               

This is DanG fixin' to go to work. ..... I got the pentcell ready! holler WHEN ...... and I'll mark it!

DanG is now workin'! ....... This here is gona' give me fanger cramps if I'm not carefull.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

I probbly woulda fell over if that post hadn'ta happened to be right there.  I think I'll take tomorrow off and rest up a bit.  If I feel like it late in the day, I might cogitate for a bit.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

What about these pics at Mr Hooties today? Think I should put them on here?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Naw.  They deserve a thread of their own. ;D

Coon

You ask if we like pics........... come on now..... :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

woodbowl

OK, just one.   Some of the stuff at Mr Hooties has been there a while. Notice anything about that tree?  Maybe we can talk Jeff into zooming in on it a bit.

ScottAR

Kinda looks like the tree didn't wanna go to the trouble of bending that hood, so it went around... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

asy

You heartless pack of thugs!!!

DanG! How's THE CAT???

No-one else CARES!  :-*

hehe

Seriously though, congratulations on striking ground on your house!!!

Where's the plans? Wanna see the plans!!

Plans of american houses fascinate me!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Minnesota_boy

I sure don't see why you needed to shoot the grade there.  It looks like it's all flat.  Now up at Percy's ......  ;D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Roxie

Having the manzilla's whacked off your cat ... $150

Woodbowl's pictures of DanG.....PRICELESS!!   :D :D :D
Say when

Norm

A hundred and fifty bucks! NO NO NO....

old towel...free
old cowboy boot...free
castrating scapel...$5.00
box of bandaids...$3.50

brother and his buddy dumb enough to do it...Priceless! ;D

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D  This thread is a great way to start the day. Looking forward to seeing progress reports and pictures of the new house. I can't think of a more satisfying project. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodbowl

Quote from: Norm_F. on January 28, 2006, 08:51:37 AM
A hundred and fifty bucks! NO NO NO....

old towel...free
old cowboy boot...free
castrating scapel...$5.00
box of bandaids...$3.50

brother and his buddy dumb enough to do it...Priceless! ;D

Norm, we really would like to have some pics of that. ::)

DanG

Here ya go, Asy.  Here's the dismanizzled cat and the plans you wanted to see. ;D

getoverit

Y'all know them clamps that you use to castrate a young bull?

Remind me sometime to tell ya the story of using them things on a tom cat.....

Its gonna take a while though... maybe a pigroast story  :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

beenthere

Look forward to hearing about it this summer at the Piggy Roast.  ;D  Have the deep scratches healed up yet, or just going to be able to show us the scars?? ;D
Your opening line reminded me of a friend who decided two young bulls he owned needed that treatment, and the story unfolds from there. Got me to laughin hard now.  :D :D :D :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Well, the little operation worked just the way it was supposed to.  Joker has already gotten his mind settled and has started to focus on his job.  He caught his first mouse today! 8) 8)

Hmmmmm.  I wonder if this will work on teenagers? ??? :P ;D

asy

Quote from: DanG on January 28, 2006, 10:27:52 PM
Well, the little operation worked just the way it was supposed to.  Joker has already gotten his mind settled and has started to focus on his job.  He caught his first mouse today! 8) 8)

Hmmmmm.  I wonder if this will work on teenagers? ??? :P ;D

I got two nearly teens we could try it on...  :D

One of each variety, so we can see if'n it works on gals as well as boys...

Thanks for showing the plans DanG, but DanG if'n I can see any of the house on there :(

getoverit! Tell the story! (This is a reminder)

asy :D

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Coon on January 27, 2006, 04:17:15 PM
That's a DanG good thing you have a BI like this guy.  Cuz you know how much of a pain in the @$$ they can be at times.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!