iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One piece harvester forwarder???

Started by whitepine, January 26, 2006, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitepine

A friend said someone is making a whole tree harvester that also carries out the pulp. I am not talking about Ponsee that can be converted from processer to forwarder this unit is supposed  to do both as it is set up. Anyone ever heard of it, my curiosity is bugging me would like to see a picture of one could look it up if I knew who made it. Thanks

Craig

Greetings,

Check out the valmet 801 combi. Looks pretty cool but I wouldn't want to have to make the payments!! :D

Here is a link: http://www.komatsuforest.com/default.asp?id=1368&ptid=

There is a movie of the machine working, it is very cool.
Craig Martin
C.S. Martin Forest Contracting
Life, Liberty and Justice For All.
(This includes Americans)

Woodhog

Here another neat looking one...

http://www.pinox.com/english/products/combimachines/pinox828_en.htm

Have no idea how it would work/reliability etc....dealer??

I wonder why all the so called hi-tech  forestry gear comes from other countries such
Sweden/Norway etc.

We cant seem to produce beyond the skidder/bulldozer phase...

whitepine

I guess I need to start buying lottery tickets.  Only way to afford one of those but they sure look neat. Have spent yesterday riding in a Ponsee cutting my wood  amazing machine. As a young man I piece cut spruce in the swamps in winter and stacked by hand (no wonder I am in such bad shape) Thanks I see how they do it now I have something to dream about.

woodmills1

Much of this new cut to length technology was developed in countries that primarily harvest plantation trees, having run out of forests long ago.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

whitepine

You are vary right I spent another day riding in the Ponsee and discussed those two machines with the logger and we both thought a big problem would be mixed species and picking them up and trying to sort the mess out. For instance we are cutting white spruce, black spruce, aspen ,bam, balsam, birch and black ash on my place now. But my gut feeling is that is the way it will go in the future. I have had three loggers on my place this winter One  with a feller buncher and skidder and limbed on landing old quipement in perfect shape and a big outfit 200 cd a day with feller buncher  skidd to landing than delimb and now this ponsee cut to length system and  The old system is great but to slow and  subsistance living for the owner the big outfit  well I dont like the look of clear cut and I think (Know) one losses alot of wood with those big machines they dont even bother with anything  less than two sticks just run it over but can they cut the wood. But the big out fit has over a million dollars woth of metal in the woods and they are prone to bankruptcy this winter may kill some off as the warm weather has made the swamps not freeze so they cannot get in there the Ponsee has no problem with it.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!