iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, TRTermite.  I see that you have been a FF member for over a year.  You have been mighty quiet.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

deer hunter

just recently bought a 1984 manual wood mizer learning as I go.

thecfarm

deer hunter,welcome to the forum. What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

deer hunter

I logged for many years and have some hemlock piled up some of it has rot in it I need to build a sawmill shed and a shed to store my round bails of hay in

redbeard

Added some new and used equipment too our operation. Extended the TK B-20 to a 30' capabilitie.
Picked up a 2003 1044 IR all terrain far reach fork also known as a(Telehandler).
The big investment was a Hud-son 60 Band sawmill to cut wide and long. 56" wide and 37'long.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

:o  You are stepping up Jeff.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawmillguypa

Operating Frick size O circular mill, Serial # 11247 which makes it circa 1915. It is complete, original, with all cast iron parts, all Babbitt bearings, & mortise & tenon wood frame. Powered with more modern (1972) Perkins diesel.
Also operating:
"no name" two blade edger that is about the same vintage.
Ireland Shingle Mill
American 16" capacity 4 side planer, cast iron & babitt, with two blades on each head
Similar 24" one side planer
McCormick I4 Tractor & U4 power unit for belt drives to equipment
Using Oliver OC-4 and OC-46 track machines for log handling
Sawing one day per week Fall, Winter & Spring and less in the Summer as we spend a lot of time travelling and attending historic equipment shows around the country

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, sawmillguypa!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kbeitz

I would like to see pictures of your Oliver OC-4 and OC-46...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

shannonmcelroy

Been a member for awhile with a 1220 timber king that I made hydraulic and a 17hp kabota diesel, But as of a week ago I left for N Carolina and came back with a Timber Harvester 36-25 Diesel, big step up for sure and worth the wait. Here are some pictures of the mill cutting some poplar.

36-25 HTD Timber Harvester, TK 1220 diesel hydraulic

Chuck White

Congratulations on the "new to you" TH mill.

Lookin' good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

D6c

This is my '87 Woodmizer LT-40 manual mill.  My dad bought it new but it hasn't been used much with only about 150 hrs on the clock.  The paint is a little faded because he left it ouside for quite a while....too bad because it would look new otherwise.

I've made a few modifications....Raised the deck rails 2" so that I can cut within 1" of the bottom and made outriggers that slide into them to make a place to lay cut lumber.

Added a trailer jack (upside down) on a sliding track to be used as a toe board.

Made a log gauge that hangs on the main frame so I can tell if I've got the log level.

....and made extensions for the supports to make it easier to turn logs.  I'l like to add a power log turner but still thinking on that.

thecfarm

Looks good to me. Welcome to the forum.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, D6c!

Nice lookin' mill, still pretty-much new!

Magicman

That toe board idea is very innovative.   smiley_idea 

Oh, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

pencil5757

"Pencil Perfect"

Garys Mill

timberking 2200 computer set debarker and 1 1/2 woodmizer double hard 7 degree bands.

mazdathumps

Home designed and home built band sawmill... I call her Lucky (I'm lucky she works at all)...

Thanks, Josh

Bigshooter

Timberwolf sawmill. 30 foot bed, 42" wide cut.

running elk

Log Master LM1 will cut a 30 inch log up to 18 feet long. All manual mill but does a great job.

dirtmotor

sawing on a Arkansas made Oliver

Btor2144

We are running a Timberland Big Jake 4000 scragg mill and an old Cleereman left hand circle headrig.

f350rd

I have EZ Boardwalk 40. I have modified it with carriage drive and lift add leveling jacks. Built a resaw conveyor and adding 2 chain log turners. Everything added was built in shop. Also have 8 ft extension. this gives me cutting length of 24 feet. Will try to get pics up soon been to busy
EZ boardwalk 40 Modified, New Holland lx 865, cat e70b excavator, welding/machine shop, 1999 f350, 2011 f350,72" granberg chainsaw slabbing mill,
48" chainsaw mill

mohicanww

Norwood HD36, 20ft track, manual log loader/roller, toe boards.

Ebac 3000 DH Kiln
2002 WoodMizer LT40HDD42 w/Accuset 2

Thank You Sponsors!