iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterob

lt28 with 25hp just upgraded from lt15 lt28 is powered an has the deck package can't wait to start sawing the lt28 is a 2010 woodmizer  :new_year:

dustyjay

If you're interested in seeing the building project, I just uploaded pictures here:
I only just about killed myself twice.  ;D

ww.plus.google.com/u/1/photos/104518107204378286890/albums/5958010501423786433
Proper prior planning prevents pith poor performance

beenthere

dustyjay
Would you put that pic in your gallery for us?  thanks

If doing that is a mystery, then go to the "Behind the Forum" board under "Home", and the first thread in there will give a good primer on how.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dustyjay

Uploaded all the pics to this site in album "Dustyjay." Can't figure how to make a sub album, and pics are in no particular order, but they are there.
Proper prior planning prevents pith poor performance

thecfarm

I saw them in your album,horses and all. This will do it.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CRThomas

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM
Looking to see what folks are running.   Feel free to add your mill to the inventory list.  More than one mill?  No problem.  You have multiple votes.
I am looking to buy a small saw mill with a electric motor. I will only be sawing small 9 ft logs for lumber. I have all the logs I need to saw up. I have a bundle firewood business. The logs I have I been turning them in to firewood. I was thinking about squaring the center up and selling the slabs for bundled firewood. I do very well with my bundled firewood business. I had two red oak logs 32 inch by ten ft same size on both ends. The yard offered me $27.00 a piece I cut them up and sold them for bundled firewood and made $1800.00 basically I am looking to get in to the lumber in a small way need info the you

peterob

i had an LT15  but needed portable so found a 2010 lt28  so i'll be running that in spring or went it warms up some 

warren46

Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 4020 Tractor with Front End Loader, 16' Trailer, 18' Trailer
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

dant1969

we are trying to decide TimberKing 1600-2000 or Wood Mizer LT40sh.  Maybe I can get a bit of feedback...of course I know this is a talked "to death" topic.

THX

Daniel
my name's not Tom, but I'm a "Sawyer"

marcusthgault

From someone also trying to decide on a BandSaw Mill (with zero previous experience) why have you narrowed your choice down to those 2 contenders?
Purely curious is all.
Theres nathing as wouldnay werk better fer been teighn asundry furst.

chopperdr47

Circa 1935 Frick Circle mill with a 46 tooth 50" blade powered by a 1960 Minneapolis Moline 190 HP propane beast and a 1972 Ford 4500 backhoe (needing loader bucket forks)
Still under construction but ready soon.

If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

chopperdr47

Quote from: dustyjay on December 14, 2013, 06:56:14 PM
I have a Foley Belsaw. Any more info about such would be appreciated. I bought it off my 84 year old neighbor.

It looks like we are in about the same boat. The man that I bought my Frick from no longer has reliable information on a regular basis. I have learned an awful lot from some "old guys" on forums like this.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, chopperdr47.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

double cut1

i have a dl double cut 30hp and a lt 15 with a resaw attachment .

double cut1

also a bobcat 843 a bandsaw pallet dismantler a rogers un nailer a nice 69 chev c50 dump a 2001 f550 lots of money input little out put lol

chopperdr47

Quote from: Corley5 on January 25, 2006, 09:45:35 PM
1948 Corley #5, 16' 3 headblock carriage and 54' of track with shop built three blade edger, and a couple old stickers.  Mill currently has a G403 Minneapolis Moline power unit but I've got a 110hp UB 264 IH gas power unit to hook up.  2005 14-12 Block Buster firewood processor.  It's a mill it just cross cuts rather than rips ;) :)

Glad to see another MM. Mine is an 800 A (I think) 190 hp. I may have to hit you up on some part or service info.

tmarch

EZ boardwalk 40, Bobcat toolcat and John Deere 5103 with FEL and bale fork.  Lots of pine trees falling and rotting so gonna salvage what I can.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

bsawmill

2001 timberking B-20,  01 frick,

ozarkgem

Here is my list. Mighty Mite Band Mill with a lots of mods. 046 Magnum 36" bar full skip chain, 029, Husky 445 and 425
Sthil 052AV project saw. 95 Int. dump truck SA with DT 466. Ford 3400 Industrial tractor with home made skidder attachment. Bobcat 763(what would I do without it), Clark forklift, Full machine shop, 24" Crescent planer, 16" Powermatic planer, 12" Belsaw planer and 2 - 12" benchtop planers. Log furniture tools and other woodworking tools too numerous to mention. Assorted trailers and a Coats tire machine to keep everything rolling.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Greenhorn Sawyer

Hudson HFE-36 Homesteader.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Greenhorn Sawyer!

Where abouts are you?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Greenhorn Sawyer

Quote from: Chuck White on April 26, 2014, 11:37:43 AM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Greenhorn Sawyer!

Where abouts are you?

Thanks! I'm in Corning.

Gideon_70

Harbor Freight Chinese built in Taiwan Sawmill.
You cannot reduce crime by disarming the victims!

rjwoelk

Got a fire wood busness that needed a band saw to make the birch manageable, pickup up a wm 15. The grain pattern makes me feel guilty to burn it. Done some cutting for sale, turners , chairmaker , etc any one done hard wood floor with birch?
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

rwepinetree

1998 woodland k 4 vertical band mill with a 38 hp kabota  and 20 hp Honda on hyd and edger

Thank You Sponsors!