iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swampy's projects

Started by swampy, January 23, 2006, 08:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampy

I have been busy building coffee tables out of the cypress that we get out of the river.

They are not done yet but this will give you guys an idea what the wood looks like with a finish on it. I hope the pics are not to big. This is the first time for posting pics. ;) :o ;)
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

sprucebunny

Great tables  8) Real pretty wood ;D

Good job on the pics  ;)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Fla._Deadheader

At's a my boy  ;D :D :D

Finish DOES bring out a lot more features, EH ???

Ever hear from the guy in Stuart that was gonna make that BIG table ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Teri

Lookin' Good Bro.  8) 8) 8)

Tom

See Harold?     I told you there was some smarts in that boy.  ;D

swampy

Thanks guys, Every once in a while the creative sludge leaks out into a good idea. ;) :D :D
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

isawlogs

really nice work there Swampy    8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Should be more bases at the camp, EH ??

BTW guys, that's one of the first cuts we ever made on Homey. We were pushing the head by hand and cranking the head up by hand. NO controls whatsoever.  ::) ::) :D :D :D

People really go for the worm holes around the edges.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

swampy

One end was cut sguare and the customer wanted it to look like the rough end that Mother nature designed. So I did the best I could to match what the river took 80 years to do. I think it turned out just fine. ;) ;)

isawlogs

Swampy .. would you mind taking a pic of your home made wayny edge .  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

swampy

Marcel, I will see what I can do tomorrow. Right now it is dark out and the lite in the garage is terrible for pic. taken. ;) ;) ;)

woodbowl

Lookin' good Ed! What kind of finish is that? What about the bowl I gave yall? Got a finish on it yet?  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

swampy

The finish is a satin urathane. But I will talk to the customer and try to talk them into a gloss finish. It shows off the grain better, and gives the wood some depth.

Patty

Very nice work, Ed. I love that kind of style table.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Burlkraft

Nice Job Swampy..............

That's some fine lookin' work there ;) ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Good lookin tables 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

iain

Swampers thats a nice top 8)

i tend to stay away from high gloss poly finish, as it can look a bit plasticy

satin is my norm, espech when you need more than a couple of coats to get the protection needed

get some more done and pics please

iain

Buzz-sawyer

Loking good Ed! 8) 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

swampy

Here are the ends of the tables I made to look like mother nature did.

All done with a drill a grinder with a 4" disc and a jigsaw.  The finish is a satin finish and it looks like a high gloss. Thanks guys I do try my best at all projects. Ed

Teri

UNCLEBUCK

That looks fantastic or as Harold might say now "fantastico" !  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Frank_Pender

Very nice job, Swampy.  thank you for sharing.  You have a real eye for making table tops.
Frank Pender

swampy

Thank you guys, I just make what I see nothin more than that. ;) ;) ;) ;) Ed

iain

Making what you see is the only way to make 8)

iain

isawlogs

Thanks for the pics Swampy , Nice job there ya doing , looks real and real good .  smiley_clapping

Marcel

red

coffee table?

where is the coffee ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Frank_Pender

Red, from what I hear, the best is in Costa Rica. :D
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!