iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Curtains for kiln

Started by DR Buck, January 22, 2006, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

What are others using for curtains or baffles in kilns for blocking air flow?    Anyone ever tried nylon taffeta tarps?  These are  the blue plastic types that are sold everywhere
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

trim4u2nv

I used rubber roofing material attached with stainless self drilling screws in my setup.  Overlapped sections about 8 inches and left cutouts for fans.  Easily conforms to the top of stack and wont billow like lightweight plastic.

scsmith42

I use plywood panels that are hinged to drop down from the center board where my fans are located at.  Howver, I have a long, narrow kiln that is loaded from the end so this system is very practical for me, but may be overkill for others.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Carl_B

I use plastic from silage bags they are white on the outside and black on the inside.  They are easy to rollup when you are loading and unloading. 

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Don_Lewis

The blue tarps tend to shred in the heat and acidity of the kiln and can get stuck in the fans

Thank You Sponsors!