iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone playing Texas Holdem' (Partypoker.com) *Possible FF only table?*

Started by Danny_S, January 22, 2006, 06:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

Been a fun little time killer the last few days for me, just playing "Play" chips...

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

beenthere

It's fun, and I also enjoy the 'suspense' watching some of the no-limit Texas hold-em on TV, and have been interested in participating in some for-real party poker games. Dabbled a bit on the web sites, without money, but suspect its not the same as 'for real'.
I understand it is becomming popular amongs high school students, where they take $10 to a game and that is the limit one can lose in an evening. Also can be addictive, like the FF  ;D  (least that is what I've heard).

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

asy

Oooh, I love poker!

Only EVER play for plastic, though!

What's the link, Danny? May just join you for a game!

Must say, though, my favourite card game is 500...  it's cool!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Danny_S

www.Partypoker.com There is a download and registration process, but dont let it scare you, there is no spyware or viruses popping up. You don't need to use a credit card or anything to sign up, only if you want to play for real money. Once your in the "Lounge" where all the rooms are listed, look for the "Playmoney" section.. there you can play for chips or money. 

I have just got started in it myself the last few days so if I learn anything else I will post it here.

I just know it is alot of fun!  8)

woodmills1

I have 76 million on party poker in play money.  I am totally addicted.  No pop ups and no spy ware and they dont even nag you to play for real money.  I also have half a million on poker stars again free money and no problems.  we play here at the house every other thursday night and the practice on the net has helped me get better and win more than lose.  I also play at the legion in 20 dollar turnaments with between 7 and 10 players.  Way ahead there like 80% win ratio. 8) 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Danny_S

I think you can invite or join your buddies cant you? My screen name is " Oakley1975 " (without quotes of course)  Add me to your buddy list and maybe we can play on the same table sometime. I am no pro by any means but learnin fast!  :)

Maybe if we had enough intrest from the forum we could create our own table and play once a week or something.  ???  Hey that's a good idea!! 

thurlow

Never played on-line nor had any interest in doing so, but...........am a member of a group who play weekly.  Now in its eleventh year;  7 players, 4 of whom are original and the other 3 added as someone dropped out.  Play quarter limit with a $2.00 guillotine (you call the last bet and don't win, you put $2.00 in the pot and we play the same game again on your $$2.00 ante.)  Play dealer's choice, but not much hold'em because it doesn't lend itself to our low limit betting.  On a typical night, the big winner will win $10-20 and the big loser will lose about the same;  everyone else somewhere in the middle.  For a long time we played at our homes on a rotating basis; host would fix a meal.........could be baloney sandwiches or full-blown steak dinner;  cost divided among whoever was there.  One member built a (seven place) table top and I built 6 for the other members;  just put them on the dining room  or office table.  We've got some good clay chips, which add to the game.  A couple of years ago, one member bought a farm with a decrepit tenant house on it;  we fixed it up and now we play there.  Playing tonight and I'm feeding.........barbecued ribs if it quits raining.  Sometimes, when one member can't come, we'll invite a "fill-in";  they're usually totally lost because of all the mouthing and trash talking.  Great fun and as I tell my wife (and preacher), the money's just a way to keep score...............
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

asy

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

woodmills1

I spend most of my online poker time on pokerstars.com lately, trying to raise my total over a million.  Also there are many versions of free money tournaments at pokerstars, some that lead to actual cash winnings.  I use JGMills on both sites so look for me.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!