iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks alot gmmills...

Started by Mr Mom, January 21, 2006, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

I would like to thank gmmills for letting me to come down today and watch him mill a log on his lt70.
     I took along my dad and son. We got their about 9:00 am then the fun began.
     We all watched as gmmills took apart a beech log a part.
     Wow there is more to milling than what we thought.
     I liked the lt70 alot.
     We talked about the mill before and after the milling was done. He taught me alot in the short time that i was there.
     I would like to thank him again for coming out no his day off to help me out.

Thanks alot Mr Mom :) :) 

VA-Sawyer

So, Where are the pictures ?   It was pretty muddy when I was there a year ago, how is it now?  Did you get to see the big circle mill next to the LT70 run as well ?
Got the fever yet ?

gmmills is a pretty good host isn't he ? I also learned a lot during my visit.

VA-Sawyer

Mr Mom

VA-SAWYER   had the camera didnt take any saw the mill  :o :o :o and forgot the camera.
          Mud was still there but ever that didnt stop me from watching  ;D ;D ;D.
          The big mill was shut down on sat. :'( :'( :'(
          Had the fever for a long time but the fever just got worse.
          Wish i had a mill now!!!!!!
          I will be calling him alot with questions that is for sure.
          He is a very good host he was very informative.

Thanks alot Mr Mom

gmmills

Mr Mom,

You are very welcome. If you have any more questions on mill selections or sawing in general feel free to give me a call or come back down. More than happy to be of help.

VA,

Yes, Mr Mom has the fever.  8) 8) 8) 8)  The yard is still muddy just not as deep. Just a couple of inches of slop. ;D  :D

Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Mr Mom

gmmills   I thought that the mud was not that bad. I will get in touch
     with you when i get money for a mill.

Thanks alot Mr Mom

Busysawyer

Stumbled across this old thread and decided to ressurect it. Looks like Gary has been helping guys out for a long time. He has been somewhat of a mentor to me and has given me a lot of his time. I owe a lot of my success in this business to him. I learned a lot in a short time from this forum and guys like him. Thank you for taking the time to educate the ignorant. 
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

gmmills

Truly my pleasure to have been helpful. I think many of us will agree that owning a band mill can be one of the most frustrating pieces of equipment anyone can own. I have always tried to help, educate, owners by sharing my knowledge. Most mill manufactures do the best they can to help with the transition into ownership. Many times that is not enough to alleviate the frustration issues. In my opinion, this is the situation where there is more to be learned from full time sawyers like myself. We use these mills every weekday to make a living. Some of the info and techniques that are applied daily cannot be found in any manufactures owners manual. Hopefully I can continue to share and help owners in the future. After all, isn't that  what this forum is here for, to help people in need.   

Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Thank You Sponsors!