iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow Cam

Started by Jeff, January 20, 2006, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have our pig roast cam hooked up and pointing out the front window. I figure I'll just leave it there for the duration. Dont have any other need for it right now. So, you should be able to get a continuous view of whats going on with the weather in Harrison. Even at night. With the yard light on you can still see. Right now we are starting to get dumped on. A fast moving snow storm. Its only been snowing about a 45 minutes and the truck is pretty well covered. The picture renews every 60 seconds, so you can refresh the page every once and awhile if you like to watch snow pile up. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Looks like ya have a heavy frost.  ;) 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

Nowcast as of 10:53 PM EST on January 20, 2006
Now
Heavy Snow Warning in effect until 6 am Saturday... periods of moderate to heavy snow will continue across the warning area through 1 am. The snow may be mixed at times with freezing rain or sleet. Snowfall at the rate of one to two inches per hour will be likely at times. Visibility will fall to a half mile or less in the heaviest snow bands...making driving extremely difficult. An additional one to three inches of snow is expected by 1 am.

To bad Tammy left her Christmas present I bought here.  :-\  She might be needin' it in da mornin'.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

highpockets

I really wanted to come to the pig roast but looking at that I'm not sure he'll be thawed out in time. Well the other thing is the 1181 miles.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

sprucebunny

You guys are jest trying to make us jealous :D

Winter , where are you ??? smiley_speechless
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Well, Tammy got an emergency call from the Wrestling coach this morning that the trip bus didnt show, so off she went to find out why. Bus was stuck at the bus garage. So, our truck is semi cleared off at this moment as the snow blew off as she flew down the road. Earlier you would have had a view of a lot of snow on it. Looks like we only got about 6 to 8 inches. Thats plenty to last the rest of the winter as far as I am concerned.

Jeff

I'll point the camera more towards the bronco. Maybe you can tell more about the snow that way. You might even see a glimpse of Tammy. She says she's going out to shovel.

thecfarm

Must of got alot of snow when you moved the camers towards the bronco.All I see is white.  :D  I pressed the refresh page  for the first picture and all I got was a database error and than I couldn't get to any of the forums.I could get the list of forums but nothing would come up.I got off line and came back same thing.I went to another forum and that did it.I couldn't send anyone a PM of nothing. Probaly my end,but still scared me.No FF  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  We have no snow here.Really odd.Our winters are like yours.In fact most of the time what ever you get for weather we will get it.No storms in sight.Maybe a snow shower or rain shower coming in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

Did ya get any of the freezing rain they forecasted?

Corley5

I just love it when our neighbors to the south get snow and we don't get ANY 8) 8) 8) ;D ;) :) :) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Quote from: Chet on January 21, 2006, 08:47:35 AM
Did ya get any of the freezing rain they forecasted?

Nope, we had it twice earlier in the week. Tammy had to call school off two days.

Jeff

Here is the camera from the outside. :)

crtreedude

Time to put socks on! Just looking at that is making me feel cold...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

woodbowl

Quote from: Jeff B on January 21, 2006, 08:13:22 AM

Looks like we only got about 6 to 8 inches. Thats plenty to last the rest of the winter as far as I am concerned.

I wish we could get a snow every year. I feel like My kids have missed out on some good memories of sled rides, snowball fiights and making a snowman. When we have a light frost, they go crazy. They slip and slide and scrape frost off of every board they can find to make a huge snowball. It's about the size of a golfball when they get finished.

Quote from: Corley5 on January 21, 2006, 08:55:48 AM
I just love it when our neighbors to the south get snow and we don't get ANY

I seems like we get a little white every 10 or 15 years.  :'(
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

You can be here in just 19 hours and we can let them shovel my backyard. :)

woodbowl

That would be a lot of fun. We wouldn't even think twice about the work/fun paradox. It seems like we're always wishing for something we can't have. .......... We live 50 miles from the sugar white sands of the emerald coast. The water is crystal, blue green in color. People flock from up north to lay out in the sand. You would think that we would be down there every chance we could get. I haven't been to the beach in years.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

thedeeredude

thecfarm,
  I got the exact same thing.  I restarted the computer and it's fine now.

SwampDonkey

Drizzle and 36 F today. We had snow/ice/rain every other day this week. I hope the rain don't take off the skiff we got yesterday, so it will stick to the ice. Suppose to get a little frigid tommorow (10-15 F).

You can't even go by the CBC weather, they think everything north of Fredericton is the same weather. Their weather forecast is mainly for coastal cities. There supposedly getting 10 inches of snow up in Edmundston this weekend. We seem to have our own unique weather between Knoxford/Royalton and Woodstock, seems to come up from the Gulf of Maine. Kind of like a valley if you've ever flown it. I can see mount Katahdin from out in Glassville and thats 20 miles east of me and the mountain is a good 60 miles as the crow flies from home. Can only see it on clear dry days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

flip

Forget a whole lot 'o that noise :o  We fine folks in southern Indiana are enjoying a partly cloudy, balmy, 47 today ;D  Ya'll keep that cold wet white stuff north of Indianapolis please :)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Texas Ranger

OK, how do i get to the camera page.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Scroll to post # 1. Hit reload every 60 secs or so. Easy, breezey, peasy :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

You're on it, Don. :D

Scroll back up to the top of the page and look at the date and time in the snow picture.  ;D

Texas Ranger

OK, so now it works.  All I gotta do is expose my ignorance, and it starts working.  Thanks, boss. :'(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

isawlogs

I've been pushing snow all day , Have a sore back from some little bitty snow snake that bites  like a German Sheperd .
  What i would like is a cam with sunshine and a beach ... Well on second thought a beer would do .  ;D ;)

Any of you that are looking for snow .. come over here , lots to spare .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ianab

QuoteWhat i would like is a cam with sunshine and a beach ...

http://www.niwa.co.nz/services/cam-era/sites/newplym/latestimage

Local beach just down the street from work  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!