iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

porcupine poo or cream of wheat

Started by thurlow, January 19, 2006, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thurlow

Have asked around locally and also googled the question;  have not been able to get a definitive answer.  Which is better?  Porcupine poo or Cream of Wheat?   1.  to eat   2. as (permanent) wallpaper paste
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

SwampDonkey

I've eaten cream of wheet, but I wouldn't rely on it for a hard days work. My stomach is usually growling 30 minutes later for nurishment. Around here it was mainly oatmeal and RedRiver cereal for breakfast cereal. But, us kids growing up had access to all kinds of that over manufactured, denutrified and enriched, sugared down stuff.  I find myself now eating a combination of shredded wheet, rice crispies topped with a tablespoon of good NB produced honey. ::) By the way, I've eaten what they call 'NoName' honey that comes from someplace in Ontario, and if that don't taste like plastic I sure don't know what it is.  ::) I hate anything in plastic and would never ever use it in a microwave.  >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill

I had a hard time with this because I was sure that you all were goshing. Once I figured you all weren't I figured I better see what all the fuss was. Sure 'nough cream of wheat fills you up for maybe an hour or so but I couldn't find a soul that could describe porcupine poo. Now usually the doc likes me to have that fancy multigrain stuff - you know oats, wheat, barley, etc , with some dried blueberries and cranberries ( something about fighting them DanG free radicals with antioxidants which I didn't even know I was supposed to be fighting with ) and then throwing in some unprocessed raw bran or wheat hulls or some such thing to polish my inards; and, after getting thru all that sawdust I just have a couple scrambled eggs or such so my stomach doesn't commit me to a day in the outhouse.

Well I looked high and low for that darn porcupine poo and almost didn't find it till I hit the Chinese place. You just know that they confused me by offering Porcupine Poo Mein or Schezuan P' Poo. I didn't want to seem like a woos in front of the little woman so I got the P' Poo ! DanG if they brought her chop sticks but wouldn't give me any - seems the Poo comes on the quills themselves - kinda a Poo Kabob - so at least now I know they consider it finger food - heh . Now I admit I don't get out much and especially to these kind of fancy high dollar places - the last time I got to go out I had to eat my own words - very bitter and harsh - and it turns out they were very expensive. I have to confess that this here P'Poo was the best DanG meal I ever had - and I was full of(rom) it.  I never could finish a Chinese dinner so darn if they didn't put the leftovers in a bag that said -

"good for paper or vinyl wallpaper".  Just goes to show you get your money's worth.

Just my two cents . . .    don't expect that you'll be able to draw any conclusions from it though  :D

SwampDonkey

Well I gotta laugh along with ya. :D :D :D

But seriously, I ate out at a Chinese restaurant on monday and my stomach ain't over it yet.  :'(

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

My dad used to make cream'o'wheat for breakfast on occasion and we could never figger out what we'd done to deserve it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

For those that may be totally confused, A week or so ago I changed every incident on the forum where it said grits to Pickled Porcupine Poo for about half a day. It had been changed back long before this thread was started.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VA-Sawyer

So Jeff, which one do you prefer ? Grits or P. P. Poo ?    ;D

Something about inquiring minds...........

IMERC

strickly a SWAG or a 2 headed coin toss.
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Bill

Well now I'm all darn confused. Here me and the little woman spent all that money, $ 5.95 ( it was $ 2.00 off since they said they said they had plenty of poo and wanted to dump some ) on that store bought meal when we coulda just substituted grits ! DanG we coulda just stayed at home and had put that money away for almost a whole gallon of gas come spring  !

:)  :)  :)

Hope none took any of this cereally - just funning

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

Right now on CBC TV they're having a clean up the Elk poo contest in Jasper, Alberta. :D :D :D

janet

Well, I do know my coffee is good no matter what you drink it with, but I'd skip the PPP.
UNLESS you do need glue...

Thank You Sponsors!