iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lucas Mill Demo in Louisiana

Started by BEAVERBOY, January 19, 2006, 01:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAVERBOY

Re: Lucas Mill Demo in the Baton Rouge Area

Dear friends,

Bailey's cordially invites you to a Lucas Mill Demonstration Weekend in the Baton Rouge area on January 27th and 28th. This is a great opportunity for you to see the model 827 Lucas portable sawmill in action. Peter Foster from Lucas Mills will be traveling all the way from their Australian headquarters to oversee the demonstration, and show off the latest sawmilling techniques and blade re-tipping technology. Bailey's will be providing a complimentary lunch both days from a local Cajun restaurant.

Whether you are a potential sawmiller or already own a Lucas Mill, we encourage you to come see this informative and educational demonstration and share some great Cajun food with us!

For more information, please feel free to contact me or Cliff Starks at the phone number or email address below.

Here's the details:
When: January 27th and 28th, 9 am to 4 pm
Where: 3164 Plank Road (Highway 67), Slaughter, LA
For questions or directions: Contact Mr. Cliff Starks, (225) 683-6696

Regards,

Brian Mainers
Lucas Mill Sales
(731) 422-1300
brianm@baileys-online.com

Directions to Demo Location:
From North: Located 8 miles south of Clinton, LA on Hwy 67 / Plank Road
From South: Located 22 miles north of Baton Rouge on Hwy 67 / Plank Road
From East: Take Interstate 10 to Baton Rouge, then Interstate 110 N to Harding
Blvd. Right on Harding to second traffic light, then left on Hwy 67 /
Plank Road N.
From West: Take Interstate 12 toward Baton Rouge, then Interstate 10 W/N to
Interstate 110 N to Harding Blvd. Right on Harding to second traffic
light, then left on Hwy 67/ Plank Road N.

*** Mr. Starks will have signs up & down Hwy 67/ Plank Road ***

Local Hotels: The closest city with major accommodations is Baton Rouge, just 22
miles away.

Captain

Hey Brian, are ya going to be coming from Tennessee??

I'll miss you by a week or two...going to Louisiana to train some new owners in early February...Baton Rouge Area.

Captain

BEAVERBOY

Update from Louisiana
Baileys and Lucas International would like to thank all who came to the diminstration today in Slaughter, La. A special thanks to Mr. Starks for all of his efforts in making everything run so smoothly and to those who brought the logs. Also, we would like to thank the local paper and the news cast for their support. They will be running tomorrow between 9 and 4 (check previous post for directions) if anyone missed out.

LSUNo1

See the local paper's story on the demo. Made the mistake of trying to house hunt before going to the demo and missed it.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/2248946.html

Chris Burchfield

Good article, wish I could have been there. I love them mudpuppies. I think it's about a month or more before their really in season. Made trip down there last March and picked up 65 lbs. in two bags. Iced em and hauled back to Memphis. Boiled and snapped the tails off what I didn't eat with taters, onion, corn and boil before midnight.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

LSUNo1

Chris, the crawdaddys are available now but at about 3 bucks a pound. About 3 times what they normally go for already boiled. The storms last summer did some harm to the crawfish habitats. Not so much to the crawfish themselves but the salt water has damaged the plant life and such that they live on.

Kinda like gasoline though, whatever the cost, we gonna pay it cause its a necessity! 

Thank You Sponsors!