iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

off topic but. The designer of this school must like starwars..

Started by Modat22, January 19, 2006, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I'm laying out some new lights, demo, and hvac equipment. The shape of this building isn't a fun one.
remember man that thy are dust.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

It reminds me of the millennium falcon.  ;D

I'm calling it many other names as I work on the plan though.

VA-Sawyer

Brad_S.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Modat22

Quote from: VA-Sawyer on January 19, 2006, 06:39:25 PM
modat22,

Let the rookie do it !    ;D

VA-Sawyer

Won't be many rookies on this job, bidders are gonna look at this and see dollar signs and pray for change orders.

Anyway, I had to post this drawing because I found it so unique  :D   and a pain....

VA-Sawyer

I guess I needed the 'tounge in cheek' smiley with my post. At least Brad_S caught on to what I was trying to get across. Who knew more about the Millineum than the Wookie?
VA-Sawyer

Engineer

That is a prime example of why architects need to spend four years building the crap the try to design, before they are ever allowed to design something themselves.   :(

I have to deal with stuff like that occasionally.  Your profile says you worked for a surveyor, just consider the poor bast*rd who gets to do the field layout for THAT foundation.  Grrrr.   >:(  Welcome to MY world.

AdamChrap

The Falcon! Just remebr as you do your project and call it those other names
"Do or do not! There is no try!"
When life gives you lemons........ Wait life gave me cherry, Lots of cherry!

VA-Sawyer

Modat22,
You could always show up on site dressed as Darth Vader.  ;D
VA-Sawyer

jon12345

A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Modat22

Quote from: VA-Sawyer on January 19, 2006, 11:08:56 PM
Modat22,
You could always show up on site dressed as Darth Vader.  ;D
VA-Sawyer

IF I do that should I say "I am you're father" or should I say "Who's your daddy!"

:D :D

Sorry bout that, I have an awful sense of humor until I drink my 2 cups of caffine. Not sure if it gets better after that though.

Jeff

I thought that design at gone out awhile ago. Is this also what they call an "Open concept" design?  The High school I attended was layed out much as that looks. Classrooms on the outer perimeter with the "media center"(read library) in the center. The lockers were also in much of this area on the walls between classroom entrances. All the class rooms in this part of the school did not have a wall towards the center, but the rooms were all angled so when you looked out, you could not look into another class room but you were looking into the media center and could see who or what ever was going on out there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Modat22

Its still done Jeff. Its really hard to beat a standard rectangle building for space usage, architects might think it looks outdated but boxes work.

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

jon12345

The h.s. I went to was built in the 60's and sort of an E shape, with the 3rd line missing, connected to this is the 90's verson elementary which looks like a hospital  :-\

SwampDonkey

All our highschools look like hospitals with 2 or 3 wings on them. They've closed some schools here since when i started school. Not as many kids now-a-days.

http://www.district14.nbed.nb.ca/Schools/carleton_north_high.htm

When I went there is was 10-12 and had to have 2 noon hours because there wasn't room in the cafeteria for all the students at once.

Tom

Wouldn't it be cool to build the school as sky boxes around the top of a football/sports stadium?  The windows could look out on the ball field.  All the rest of the stuff, like library and cafeteria and "stuff" could be under the bleachers.  That would take care of parking and school and sports and excercise (climbing stairs ;D ) and concessions for the game and minimize wiring and HVAC and communications and..............  staying after school might be fun.  :D

pigman

Now Tom,  you are just being silly. That would be just too practical  to be done. Schools like to waste money, not do practical things. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Brad_S.

Tom,
I had enough trouble paying attention in classrooms that just faced out into the parking lot. Being able to watch the girls field hockey team practice while suffering through geometry would have been too much!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D

I would think the view would give ya some.......  ::)  inspiration to improve your biology.  :P

jon12345

my biology class improved when we put our open fronted desk in a U shape for discussion  :P

Thank You Sponsors!