iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Front Mounted Winch,,,,,

Started by Woodhog, January 18, 2006, 05:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhog

Max Sawdust!!!!

Here is a link to a front mounted Farmi, they sell two models EV-300 and EV 450, one is about 6000
pounds pull and the other I think around 8000 pound or a bit more they specs are in Kilo Newtons...

http://www.farmiforest.fi/?NEWS_AND_PRESS:NEW_PRODUCTS:EV450_T_HYDRAULIC_FRONT_WINCH_AND_KV155_CRANE_WINCH

Run by the tractors Hydraulic system...

The large one looks like it might just work,  the bottom is as high as the front axle , you would want a heavy tractor as there is no butt plate to take the strain... the mount looks very simple, for a 4WD it would also add about 400 pounds to the front end wheels (no wheel weight needed)...

I have some concern as to the strain placed on the front end gear of the tractor???? when pulling hard...

Does anyone have any experience with this front mounted winch....?pros cons???

Also in the same link they sell a loader mounted winch, looks quite small and I have some concerns as to the strain it might put on the loader pedestal etc ???might work for small stuff...

Max sawdust

THANKS 8) 8)
I'll check it out.
Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

thecfarm

I don't really like that front idea at all.I feel you really need that butt plate to dig in and add to the stable part.I've seen how hard mine pulls and it can cause quite a strain.I would be concerned about keeping the tractor in place too.Have to set the brakes everytime and hope it won't slide forward.That loaded mounted winch looks like a small cable,small use indeed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Max sawdust

Woodhog,
Ya looks like you would need a real big tractor I do not know how you would keep the tractor in place when pulling 8000 pounds.  My rear mounted Farmi  with the dozer blade gets my little deere up in the air on a big pull if I am not carefull.

I have a front PTO just need to  rig up a little hydro lift mechanism like I have on my front mount snow blower, then I sould beable to use the rear mount winch in front ???
Just playing with ideas'

Ya Thecfarm, I agree I was writting my post as you posted ::)
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!