iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bailey saw mill

Started by thedeeredude, January 16, 2006, 05:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Does anyone have a bailey's sawmill?  I saw their website and just realized they're a half hour from my house ;)  I might be taking a trip tommorow,  And I will be coming back with pictures 8)

www.baileysaw.com

Ron Wenrich

There's a guy that makes sawmills on Rt 22 outside of Grantville in Dauphin county.  His prices are a lot cheaper, but they're manual mills.  Visit them both.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

moosehunter

How do they keep a double blade on the wheel?
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jpgreen

So that's interesting.  A double cut on the band, cuts going and coming.

Then he has a swing blade option.  I'd like to see that werk.  Unit looks good.  The log loader looks kinda whimpy.  He needs a slicker website, cause that one makes his mill look way to homemade.

Looks like some quality construction from the little info that's there.  Hard to really tell.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

thedeeredude

Well, I went there today and nobody was around.  The place had a bunch of old junkyard stuff there. ONe mill was sitting outside, looked well built, but I didn't look at anything in detail too long, didn't want to hang around with nobody there.

Dugsaws

I saw that mill at the farm show complex a couple years ago he didnt have it completly functional at that time but  I thought it was a very well built machine, at that time he still had a few things to work out on it but I talked to him for well over an hour and from the way he was planning to finish it I would have very seriously considerated buying one of those mills if I had not already had a t.h.  Take a very close look at that mill, I think it would be a dependable machine.

Just my 2 cents worth
  Doug
Doug

Thank You Sponsors!