iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AutoCAD

Started by DouginUtah, January 16, 2006, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

I consider myself somewhat competent as an AutoCAD user but I find myself beating my head against the wall on occassion when I can't get something to work the way it should, or can't figure out the best way to do something.

I use AutoCAD LT 2000 and for the amount I use it, I can't justify upgrading.

Are there any users who would be willing to answer some of my questions by phone?

Three reasons why I would prefer the phone to asking on-line:
1. Easier to talk than type enough details. Real-time works better.
2. Not of much interest to others.
3. Don't like the idea of letting everyone say, "He doesn't know how to do that! I thought he said he was competent!"  :D

Send a PM if you are game.

-Doug

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

highpockets

I have been running Autocad for about 15 years.  I am not claiming that I am a pro but I can do what I want.  One thing I use it for is drawing objects that I save as DXF Files and take to my cnc plasma cutter and cnc wood router.   I'd be happy to talk to you or do whatever to help.  Probably it would be best to just drop me a line and we can see what you need.  Of course I am open to the phone also.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Ed

Quote from: DouginUtah on January 16, 2006, 04:56:45 PM

I use AutoCAD LT 2000 and for the amount I use it, I can't justify upgrading.

-Doug

I don't blame you a bit.
I use Autocad 2002. We have upgraded 1 computer in the office to version 2006, I've played with it a little & really see no reason to change.
Unfortunately I will have to as our customers migrate to the newer version.
The Cad software companies are really playing "dirty pool" on the upgrade issue, when nobody buys your newest, latest & greatest version.....you simply discontinue support for the old one & after a certian time period, discontinue the liscense upgrade option.
My major complaint with the new versions of Cad programs (Autocad & Unigraphics) is the companies are trying to make the software easier for inexperienced people. While forgetting about the "old Dogs" that have been using the programs for a long time. They just keep adding pop-up stuff & other annoying cutesy features that most people turn off.
What they really need is a button that makes the new program work like my old one!
Now that I'm done ranting! Send a pm if you need any help.

Ed

Engineer

Doug,

I have been an AutoCad user for about 20 years (started with Release 9, now using 2006 w/ Land Development Desktop).  I'm not an expert by any means, but I might be able to help you with some things.  Send me a PM.   

Jon

Modat22

I've been using autocad since release 9 or 10, running 2006 now.

I'll answer a question if I can, I have to warn you though. I have never used the mouse driven menu system prefering my own lisp and shortcut keys for speeds sake.
remember man that thy are dust.

Fla._Deadheader

Any of y'all speak Espanol ???  I have a young feller down here that I been tryin to get to learn a CAD program, so he can draw out designs for a Router Table to do Doors for me. Any suggestions ??  I have downloaded several trial offers for him to try, but, the language barrier is a bear.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Engineer

Harold,  I sent you a PM.  TurboCad by IMSIsoft has a Spanish-language version.

Fla._Deadheader

Got it.  Thanks Jon
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!