iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello to everyone!!!

Started by DoubleD, January 16, 2006, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleD

Hi I'm Davide from Italy. I joined this site because there are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge, I've learned so many thing in a little time  :P. The Forestry Forum is like a big family and I really like it.
Thank for this great site.

P.S.:Sorry for my english ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Todd

Welcome DoubleD!  Be careful, I was a lurker here for years and ended up buying a mill 8)

Don't worry about the English, no one here will ridicule you for being able to spell and using proper gramar ;D
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Engineer

Welcome, Davide!   Looks like you're the first member from Italy.

;D

Burlkraft

Welcome Davide........

You are in a good place ;) ;) ;)

Don't worry about the english...most of us here ain't too good either :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum DoubleD!

Maybe now we can talk about pasta instead of grits!  8)

Just last week we had three Italian visitors here in Missouri.  One was a log buyer, another a mill owner and the third an engineer.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Cedarman

Welcome DoubleD. You can sure learn a lot about trees, sawing and other things here, but I wouldn't count on learning proper english here. We are pretty good at communicating though.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

thedeeredude

Welcome Davide!  It is a great place here, but I caution, after a few weeks, you'll want a sawmill ;D  Which, by the way, what kind of sawmills do they use in Italy?  Do they still have wate powered ones? 

Weekend_Sawyer

Welcome DD,

Please tell up about sawmilling or forestry from your area.

I like grits but you don't have to ;D
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

shopteacher

Welcome, welcome, welcome.   English not required. We all speak Italian.
See;  Momma Mia. How's that?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

treeboy

Hey Davide, welcome! where you from in Italy? I was in Northern Italy for a vist, the only Italian I knew was cappuccino, and vino. :)

Bothy_Loon

Hello Davide
Just finished putting the finishing touches to installing 2 Primultini Band mills  here in Scotland.
Lovely Italian machines.
I speak no Italian but the Italian engineers that were over here were no bother to understand.
We taught them some new swear words!
Welcome to the Forum.
Bothy Loon

DoubleD

Thank you for the warm welcome 8).
for deeredude tburtscher: I want a sawmill but here in Italy there aren't so many manufcturer of little mill, and yes in my little town there are 2 water powered circle mill, but one is broken
for Bibbyman yes we could talk about pasta. Tell me a thing are grits made of corn?
I'm hanging around this site for a year, I've just learned a lot of thing then if I could save enough money I will buy my sawmill :)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Tom

Welcome DoubleD.

When you hear of Grits, think about "white" Polenta that has grains a little larger.  Grits are boiled and eaten much the same as Polenta.  We Southern USA residents eat them with breakfast bacon, sausage as well as fish meals and other fried meat meals.   They are a good filler.  :D

DoubleD

Yeah Tom I know Polenta. I cook it on the wood stove, we eat polenta for lunch or dinner with deere, wild pig, rabbit and mushroom! ;)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Jeff

DoubleD, welcome, and dont ever think you need to own a sawmill to fit in or be able to contribute. :) 

You already have my interest peaked wanting to know more about the water powered sawmills. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

yeah Jeff, that sounds interesting but others may want to hear more about the wild pig, rabbit and mushrooms.  :D

Modat22

Howdy DD and welcome.
If you're seeking knowledge these guys have it.

Do you have many lumber mills in Italy?

I enjoy pizza and Italian dressing (for salads).
remember man that thy are dust.

getoverit

MERCY BUCKETS SILVERPLATED ! <-- My only Italian... or is that french???

Anyway, Welcome to the Forum DoubleD !

We *love* pictures... lots of pictures :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

isawlogs

Quote from: DoubleD on January 16, 2006, 02:36:30 PM
Yeah Tom I know Polenta. I cook it on the wood stove, we eat polenta for lunch or dinner with deere, wild pig, rabbit and mushroom! ;)

Welcome Davide my neighbour is from Italy , Northern part of it . Any body that likes deer. wild pig , rabit and can cook it and have corn for a side dish is Ok by me .  :)
   I also want to hear and see pics of the water power sawmill .

What part of Italy are you in .  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DoubleD

I know that you love picture, but I have not any picture of this mill. I'm gonna take some shoot as soon as I can.
The water is taked in the river and bringed to the mill trough a channel. When the water arrive at the mill fall on the top of a big wheel. The wheel start to turn and create a moment that trough belt is bringed to the saw head. I don't remender how the carriage is powered smiley_headscratch
I hope that you could understand somenthing ::)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Corley5

Welcome aboard and I'll echo everyone else's wish to see pics of the water powered mills 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

I understood it all.  You have to mess up worse than that to confuse me.  :D

Burlkraft

Hey Davide,

Did you know that here in Wisconsin we make our gritz from tasty bits of ground up cheese soaked in beer ??? ??? ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Kirk_Allen

Welcome aboard Davide.  Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

I spent some time in Aviano, Italy while in the Air Force.  Great place.

Paschale

Saluti, Raddoppiato!  Benvenuto alla tribuna di silvicoltura!  È emozionante vedere un membro dall'Italia unirli.  Li spero a lungo soggiorno con noi, e transformato in in un amico attraverso dal mare.  Già avete ripartito alcune cose interessanti con noi.  Aspetto con impazienza di vedere quei laminatoi di acqua, e chiunque che gradisca mangiare i cervi, maiali selvaggi, suoni dei funghi e del mais grandi a me!  Il vostro inglese è abbastanza comprensibile, quale è probabilmente migliore di questo italiano.  Ho usato un programma di traduzione in linea per tradurre il mio inglese.  Spero che capiate qualcosa!  Con noncuranza, BENVENUTO!

;D

I sure hope that makes some sense to you, DoubleD.  I used an online translator to translate the paragraph.  It even translated Forestry Forum.  I think that is "tribuna di silvicoltura."   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!