iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey, all you leaf 'ers

Started by Kevin, October 11, 2002, 03:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

The leaves in northern Ontario are in full color.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

DonT be jealous you flatlander.
Would you like me to send you a box of them?

Lenny

New Hampshire is turning bright too,best time of year 8)

Kevin

Jeff,
Just pretend you`re at camp looking out across the channel.  :D

Jeff

Pete and lynda are up there now. I have to stay south. All the sisters are out of town leaf'en so I will be taking care of mom tomorrow. Going to pick her up and let her see the leaves between her place and mine. Spend the day and then go home in the evening.

I hope to go bow hunting for the first time this year tomorrow. I got my bow out, shot 3 shots with broadheads at my foam target at 25 yards and grouped them in a 3 inch circle. Good enough. I am ready to go out and kill a foam target.

Don P

Be careful I hear them spongifoam deer is nothing to be messed with ::)
Leaves are just starting to think about it here, geeses too.

DanG

Leafs are in full color here in N. Fla, too....all green.  Fall can't be too far away, though.  We had a chill factor of 102, last week. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

DanG, I have a popcorn tree on my drive for the color season.  Here is a picture of it last year and I'm looking forward to the day it turns this year. The leaves don't stay on long so you gotta be quick. :D (It keeps me from having to go North though) :-/ ;D

North Florida Color
;D

CHARLIE

I was down in Florida for a couple of weeks and got back to Minnesota on Oct. 21st to see leafless trees. :'(  But the branches don't look so bad. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

This is the weirdest year I have ever saw for leaf drop. Tomorrow is Halloween and we NEVER have any leaves left by then other then on the white oaks who drop thier leaves only when they are good and ready.

Here is a picture across my front yard taken this afternoon. October 30th. Unbelievable. It was a beautiful day to be sick at home. :-/

Jeff

Tom

That yellow tree is so bright it hurts my eyes.

Ron Wenrich

The leaves are lasting longer this year due to the drought.  It seems that everything is 1-2 weeks behind, except for the snow.

I'm having a problem with the weather and doing some real serious leafing.  

For my wife's birthday, I bought her 2 hot air balloon tickets.  They are good forever, and can be used any day of the year.  But, I really wanted to take a trip when the leaves were turning.  I prefer a sunset cruise, but it has to be on a weekend.

Either the leaves weren't turning or the weather was wet.  This weekend they are talking about it being windy.  No telling where you would land - maybe Europe.   :D

I'm afraid that by next weekend there won't be any leaves left.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

You said you bought her 2 tickets. Are you just taking it for granted that she will take YOU? :D

Tom:

IT was beautiful out. The sun was hitting different places and the leave were just glowing.

Corley5

I've still got green leaves up here!!  First time I've ever seen em hanging on this late.  Normally the yard would be all blown out and we'd be done with them.  Looks like we'll have have a real mess in the spring if the snow keeps coming and covers them up before we can rid of em.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!