iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV 4 wheeler with fork lift accessory kit

Started by woodbowl, January 11, 2006, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

I've seen ATV's with snow plows, ATV's with bed lift kits to dump a load and ATV's pulling mower decks. CAD PLANS sells the plans to build a hydraulic bucket for a riding lawn mower. Has anyone ever seen, or know of an ATV with a fork attachment? Seems like it would be as handy as a shirt pocket.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Rockn H

Norwood sells one.  Check out their Multi-Mate L1500. ;)

dutchman

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company has a Swisher pallet fork system for ATV.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=200150774&R=200150774
Didn't look at price, but you have to start with a sub frame.
Uses a winch to lift.

maple flats

If you have very much wt to lift, the multimate says it lifts 1500#, I see no mention on the swisher but the front end is limited in lift and you better have a heavy rider, my guess on a bigger ATV would still not be over 200-300 max.. The multimate has the weight carried on its own axle and the ATV is just stabilizing and providing the power source and mobility.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Rockn H

I'm not sure, but I think it was the swisher attachments I looked at a while back.  They had a bracket to go on the front suspension to make it solid.  Or to keep it from giving if you will.

mike_van

Some 30+ years ago I had a JD 112, put a weight box & chains on it, used it to plow snow, push dirt, etc. Didn't take long, ripped all the gears out of the transaxle. Cost about 200.00 to fix way back then.  Just my 2 cents, but I don't believe small equipment was made to do these tasks. Something has to "give" when it is undoubtably overloaded someday.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

ksu_chainsaw

I have a Kawasaki 360 prarie with a snow blade on the front.  Just that weight alone sags the front end several inches.  I put together a second tube to make a yard carrier for cheaper than what the dealer wanted for it.  I found that I could only put about 100-200 pounds on the front, before it flattened the tires.  I mainly use it for hauling square bales of hay out of the far barn to the horses- dont have to try to balance them on the rack then  ;D

They work, but not for a bunch of weight.

Charles

Thank You Sponsors!