iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2006 Stihl

Started by KGNC, January 11, 2006, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KGNC

Stop by the local Stihl dealer to pick up another scrench (the first one this year), I asked the guy how many saws I would have to buy to get a Stihl calendar. And he gave me one!  You have to look close to find the Stihl in each months picture. Miss Stihl October is my favorite! smiley_blush
Anyone else got one?

beenthere

I have it, but it stays hidden. A bit on the trashy side, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logger

Speaking of new stihl, anybody heard about the new stihl MS441 magnum?  :)
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

Minnesota_boy

Which month is holding it?  :D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SawTroll

Quote from: logger on January 11, 2006, 06:35:49 PM
Speaking of new stihl, anybody heard about the new stihl MS441 magnum?  :)
:P
The MS441 W (heated handles) is in the 2006 lineup here, "available spring 2006" according to catalog and web-site.
70.7 cc, 4.1 kW/5.6 hp , 6.8 kg.
The Standard version is listed at 6.6 kg and 5.5 bhp in the US web-site, which adds up nicely.

So, it is a new "heavyweight" in the same ballpark as the 575xp. :(

The air filtering system closely resemble the Air Injection/Turbo system of E-lux.
May I guess that a patent from the mid 1980s has expired? :D :D 
Information collector.

ccicora

You guys are very bad in that you have a hard time with these so called Trashy calenders.... You should cover your eyes and send them to me for proper disposal!...... or is that Display???
I race a bit, just enough to keep me in debt

fishhuntcutwood

I've got four of the calenders.  I've bought eight saws from my dealer in the last 12 months, so you could say I'm a good customer, so he gives me calenders and hats.  I think the ladies are all too cover model thin.  I like ladies with some athletic meat on their bones, like....well that's neither here nor there.

As far as the 441, it's appearing to be a big letdown.  Too heavy and not enough a power.  Another 575.  A good saw I'm sure, but heavier than it needs to be.  We'll see how it goes.  It's not on Stihl USA's "New Products" page, but it is in the saw comparison.  Regardless, I'm skipping it for now, and am happy with my new 660.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

rahtreelimbs

Unfortunately we may all have to "suck it up"........these newer saws are here to stay.

Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

fishhuntcutwood

Quote from: rahtreelimbs on January 15, 2006, 12:07:28 PM
Unfortunately we may all have to "suck it up"........these newer saws are here to stay.

Which is why I bought a 660 now instead of waiting to see how heavy a 661 is.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

SawTroll

Quote from: fishhuntcutwood on January 15, 2006, 01:20:23 AM......
It's not on Stihl USA's "New Products" page, but it is in the saw comparison..... 
In fact, it had diappeared from the comparison chart the last time I looked, but it is presented in the US web-site catalog. It says available mid 2006, as opposed to spring 2006 elsewhere.

:P One note I have made is that for 2006 the 440 now has gained .2 kg in weight and the 460 .1kg. Looks like a cover-up on behalf of the 441 to me. smiley_devilish

Another note is that the RS chain is discontinued in 3/8".
RSC is probably better anyway, so who really cares?
Information collector.

fishhuntcutwood

I can't find it in the saw line-up, and I do see that it has been removed from the comparison chart. 

And I see that the 361C is now the 361 C-Q, so now when everyone starts threads asking if they should get it instead of the regular 361 (before they've done a search for it) they'll have to ask about the C-Q now.  Same saw it appears, just added a Q.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

logger

The only thing is that I hope rsc cuts as fast.  RS really cuts fast.  I have both RS and RSK.  I think that RSK dosen't cut as fast as RS.  I have neaver used rsc, I'll try to get some, we'll see. 8) 
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

Rocky_J

Just got 2 loops of 84 link RSC last week, didn't realize it until after I'd put the second loop on a new saw today. Looks identical to RS to me, the grinding angles look closer to matching a round file so the initial filing shouldn't be as much of a PITA. It's insanely sharp out of the package, nipped me twice and I never fired up the saw!

Got about 3-4 tanks of fuel on the other loop, can't tell the difference between the RSC and RS.

SawTroll

Quote from: fishhuntcutwood on January 16, 2006, 11:25:37 AM
I can't find it in the saw line-up, and I do see that it has been removed from the comparison chart. 
It is here, in the interactive catalog, but as you say, not yet in the model line-up on the start page.

Fyi, your full skip chain is still ordinary RS - not RSC (yet).....

.... and the MS230 is back in the US, but I don't think it fits into any of the huge gaps in your Stihl lineup, for several reasons. :D :D
Information collector.

pedajas

Anyway, the Shihl USA www comparision chart has mistakes, like MS-260 has recomended bar 20" (max allowed in previous column) and chain for it 0.325 with 67 links which rather fits on 16" bar ;D

DoubleD

Hey men NOW I know why Stihl is the brand of chainsaw I prefer ;D ;D ;D that calendar is awesome
Wannabe a sawmiller

sawguy21

Quote from: pedajas on January 17, 2006, 10:05:38 AM
Anyway, the Shihl USA www comparision chart has mistakes, like MS-260 has recomended bar 20" (max allowed in previous column) and chain for it 0.325 with 67 links which rather fits on 16" bar ;D

Did you not see the new chain stretching tool in the accessory catalogue? :D :D :D :D I was at the Stihl dealer meeting yesterday and saw an animated video of the RSC. It will be interesting to try, they have raised the heel of the cutter off the bar. It is supposed to reduce the shock when the cutter rocks back making the chain smoother. FWIW, there are left and right presets and tie straps but according to Stihl, they won't be supplied as repair parts. Putting one or two RS links in a chain won't be noticeable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 04, 2006, 09:30:45 AM
...RSC. It will be interesting to try, they have raised the heel of the cutter off the bar. It is supposed to reduce the shock when the cutter rocks back making the chain smoother. ...../quote]
The low-vibe feature is copied fro Oregon LP, VP etc - and it works very well. 8)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!