iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goofy Illinois weather, look at this!

Started by Daren, January 11, 2006, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

It has been a mild one so far, I hope it keeps up. I was out splitting wood today and looked down, and there are dandelions growing and my grass is green. Fuzzy picture, but its a January dandelion.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Don_Papenburg

This is ok with me this year because I got a cold just before the weather turned warm .  It seams to be helping run the cold through faster.
No green grass here and no danGdelions either.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

UNCLEBUCK

Has anyone seen the weather channel showing the 45 below in siberia and northern china . I been getting 3 or 4 feet of ice on local lakes the last 6 years here,this year is 7 inches of ice !  Dandelions in January in Illinois now that is something . All the gardening seed catalogs came in the mail and I look at the different zones we are all in . I planted 500 black walnut 2 years ago rated zone 4 and I be in zone 3 and yep they all died !  I got like garden catalog fever , happens every year until I place a small order of something wierd .  That dandelion isnt too far southeast of me .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sawguy21

Brushcutter sales are steady here ::) No snow and until this week, daytime temps were above freezing. But dandelions in Illinois in January??? :o
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Burlkraft

Daren.......

It looks like early wine makin' time :) :) :) :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Daren

I only found 3, how much would that make?

Kevin_H.

So. Illinois is to be in the 60's today  ;D

I figure every warm day is one less cold one, besides the warmer the weather the more grade stakes they use.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

thedeeredude

Maybe winter will come back to bite us in the rear when nobody is expecting it.  I hope so, I love snow.

Greg

Quote from: thedeeredude on January 12, 2006, 10:27:51 AM
Maybe winter will come back to bite us in the rear when nobody is expecting it.  I hope so, I love snow.

I blame the Republicans ;-)

Me too, I love the snow. II'll take highs around 20 and sunny with a nice snow pack anyday.

Especially over 45 degrees rainy and clouds. Yuck.

Its winter, its supposed to be cold!
Greg

Burlkraft

Daren

We're gonna need more than 3 to make a batch............. smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun smiley_sun

Maybe you could put some heat lamps out and make some more start poppin' smiley_daisy smiley_daisy smiley_daisy smiley_daisy smiley_daisy smiley_daisy (Didn't have no dandelion smiley)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

THe sun is out!  And it's 46 degrees! W E I R D.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Quartlow

its 52 hear right now, I actually  uncovered the mill and working on some hemlock, well till I came in for lunch  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Daren

Quote from: Jeff B on January 12, 2006, 11:56:04 AM
THe sun is out!  And it's 46 degrees! W E I R D.

Quartlow, I think some else is thinking about uncovering the "SlushMizer".

Jeff

yea, I was looking out there at it. Good thing I aint got any logs. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

I think the radio station said we topped out around 64 today, now they are saying we might have a few snow flurries tomorrow morning?

I'm still not going to complain....Yet!....
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Corley5

It was 49 degrees and sunny here  today.  T-shirt weather ;D  Really :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kevin_H.

Well I guess this is what we get for bragging about the 65 deg weather yesterday.

It's been doing this pretty much all day.

On the up side the roads are too warm for it to cause major problems.

Greg

This short quicktime movie/comedy skit pretty much says it all for me with regards to global warming. (Probably requires broadband connection.)

Will Ferrell as President Bush making a statement on "global warmings":

http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792

Only for those with a sense of humor!

Enjoy,
Greg

Daren

Kevin, yea I didn't get out the camera today. It was not so pretty. I sent a pic of the dandelion to my brother in Florida yesterday, he called today after seeing the national weather. "How are your flowers doing now? I can't talk long, I am in a t-shirt fishing, bye"
Like I said goofy Illinois weather.

thecfarm

Maine weather is the same here.Been warm here all week.Temps in the high 40's,but no flowers in bloom.Rain coming in tomorow,temp 40,snow at night,temp 20 the next day.That should be interesting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

solodan

No snow on the ground at my place. it's been in the 20's to 40's here since september, but every storm we get this year has come straigt up from Hawaii and dumps buckets of rain. One day a couple of weeks ago we got over ten inches of rain in 24 hours. We have been skiing about 15 minutes up the road from my place, but there are still bare spots at 6500' elevation and only about 5 feet on the ground at 8500'. we have been getting very warm storms that have been producing down pours of rain even at 10,000' elevation. At this time last year, we had about 15 to 20 feet on the ground at 8500'.

sawguy21

You did not get all the rain. I was in Vancouver last weekend and did not see the mountains. Socked in solid and poured buckets. I was glad to come home.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

solodan

Well, we did wake up this morning to a few inches of snow today, :) but still doesn't feel like the middle of January. The only indication of it being January is by my diminishing wood pile. 
Sawguy, I think it is the whole west coast that has been getting these warm storms. Do you know if the mountains around Vancouver have been getting rain at the higher elevations too.
You know, we call these things warm storms because they are producing rain instead of snow. There is nothing warm about a week straight of pouring rain at 35 degrees.  >:(

LIL

QuoteIt's been doing this pretty much all day.

Been looking and looking for that white stuff but all I could find was this  ;D

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

breederman

It was 55 yesterday at noon,  then things went south!  10 this morning with five inchs of snow and thirty mile winds.  Good thing cows are warm! ;)
Together we got this !

Thank You Sponsors!