iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well satisfied with my first Rust Reaper test

Started by Skytramp, January 10, 2006, 12:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skytramp

Hi Guys;
     I had read so many posts on Rust Reaper I had to try it for myself.  I couldn't believe that it could possably be that good.   Got my order 3 or4 weeks ago, hadn't really come across anything to really give it a test on yet.  Today I needed to change teeth in my circle saw, usually use PB Blaster, soak it down the night before and change them in the morning. Still I would have trouble with some of them,  I use a SpeedWrench and I need to keep an extra pin as they will break at the wrong time.  Today I needed to get it done in a hurry.  used the small squeeze bottle and just sprayed each side with Rust Reaper pretty good before going to lunch, Maybe used a teaspoon full.  Came back from 30 minute lunch break and they came out easier than they ever have in 30 years of saw milling.  When I have had to change the teeth in the middle of the day before I would spray the saw and run a line or two and spray it again  and do this four or five times and would always wind up bruseing my hand, Also used up half a can of blaster.
     Another satisfied Rust Reaper customer. 
SkyTramp;
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Jeff

Skytramp, I know people think we are hyping something because they happen to be a Forestry Forum sponsor but that truly is not so as you found out. I am one of the first converted skeptics. Mike hired me to do his website before I ever had tried his product. In the midst of doing some photo shoots for the website I found out by ACCIDENT how good Rust Reaper is when it freed up an old seized up pipe wrench that I would have thrown out but for the only fact that it had been my dads. Since then I have used Rust Reaper for a ton of things and even FIXED things with rust reaper as the only tool. It is certainly that. A Tool. Much more then those other products.

Rust Reaper is a sponsor because Mike believes in us and we believe in him. Its a good association. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Skytramp

Jeff, I sincerely hope that no one took my post to imply that anyone would falsely represent a product, especially on this forum.  I truly enjoy this forum and would never intenionly do anything to harm it.  I was just so amazed to see how well it worked on those teeth and holders.  You being a sawyer know how difficult it is to change teeth that have had time to set in.  I have seen bolts that three and one oil would have helped come loose and then I have had to use heat and a number of other options with all of them failing. 
     It is raining today and I have several tools that I have allowed to rust to the point of uslessness, they will have R R on them before dark.
     Skytramp;

Jeff

Oh no, I am sure they didnt, I didnt mean to even imply that. I just wanted to stick my two cents in there.  :) How does crtreedude say that?

Just by old cologne? ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Lud

I was taking off the generator on the 1958 Ford tractor during the 6 to 12V conversion.  That generator had been hanging on the tractor for 47 years.  The bolts were brown lumps when I put a few drops of Rust Reaper on and prepared to fight it off with the sockets and wrench.  It cracked loose and then spun off with finger pressure.  I was gobbsmacked!! :o

Carry the little bottle in my top pocket in my overalls.  Use it for all kind of stuff.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Ernie_Edwards

"Gobsmacked"???

Just hate to ask cause what I conjur up in my mind ain't nice.

Modat22

Rust reaper worked very well on my old generator and starter which where so rusted I was afraid to take them apart.

remember man that thy are dust.

WH_Conley

Found a new use for it hadn't thought about. Print head on my LexMark printer gums up on the slide bar. Cleaned it one time since I had it, said if I had to do it again I would throw it away and get a new one( small work area, big hands). Started locking up again, could just get my fingers in there to barely move it, very tight, started thinking of the proper language for talking to the printer. Got the rustreaper in the needle point bottle out and dropped some on, slid it back and forth a few time and added some more. Thing works now slicker than deer guts on a door knob. 8) 8)
Bill

Skytramp

WH, that phrase slicker than deer guts on a door knob, reminds me of a woman answering a phone survey for vasiline products, she said

"You bet we use vasiline,  We use it for sexual purposes,
we put it on the bedroom doorknob to keep the kids out"
SkyTramp

WH_Conley

Bill

Thank You Sponsors!