iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Noticias--Noticias---Notice-Important

Started by Fla._Deadheader, January 09, 2006, 12:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Guys.  The Internet here is dial up, and it's like watching grass grow.

I have several new messages in my inbox, but, it is about impossible to answer any of them.

For ANY information about equipment or lumber, please instant message My Son, Ed (Swampy), here on the Forum. He can answer any questions as good as me.  Personal questions or info, please contact my Daughter Teri (Teri), here on the Forum. I will try to stay in contact with her through E-mail.   Thanks,  Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Frank_Pender

Hey ya Harold, by goingthrough all those folks, will the story change much? 8) 8)
Frank Pender

asy

WEll, Frank,

Yer more likely to get the unadulterated truth off Teri...

But you probably won't get to hear the fun stories.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Murf

I'm figgerin' it's only a matter of time before a bunch of da' usual smart alecks start fillin' this thread up with pictures an stuff.  ;D

Juss so's Harold can see how long the grass gets ...........  :D  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Frank_Pender

Murf, does the hair on my head, getting long, count? ;D
Frank Pender

Teri

hummm...I bet I could come up with some doozy stories! ;D ;D ;D

karl

Welcome to my world- of dial up - that is.
BTW- I'd LIKE to see grass grow! Tired of watching snow grow, already. Stopped sawing today when I couldn't see the other end of the mill at times through the blowing snow. Wus wearin' Black coveralls and both Jon an' me looked like the Pilsbury Doughboy, or was it the Michilen Man?Frosty?
We discussed tieing ropes to ourselves and the mill so we wouldn't get lost...but decided that it were'nt snowin' in the shop.
Built the second of three ice shacks that were ordered last week...much better.

How's the ice fishing in CR anyway Harold? :D
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

pigman

When I was at my daughters Saturday delivering her furniture I logged on with her high speed connection. 8) I did notice it was a little faster than my dialup.  It was a whole lot DanG faster. :o  Those threads with 10 of those 30k pictures loaded in a fraction of a second instead of five minutes. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Murf

Quote from: Frank_Pender on January 09, 2006, 05:07:02 PM
Murf, does the hair on my head, getting long, count? ;D

No, not really, but I'd be mighty appreciative if'n ya could tell me how ta git mine ta do that though.   ::)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah Frank, Tell ALL of us how to do that ;D ;D ;D

Grass grows pretty fast here, but, figgered y'all would relate to YOUR grass growing  8) :D :D

Stories from CR are the truth, nothing but the truth, unless Fred tells it.  :D :D :D :D

My host here went fishing yesterday. Came back up the hill, and we had fresh POLLO for supper.  ::) ::) ::)  No pescado  ;) ;D  Told him, in Espanol, Don't quit the farming. You will starve by fishing  ;D ;D ;D :D :D  Great guy and his wife I am staying with. Pictures someday.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

leweee

Harold....we need them pics pronto....want to see you running that Peterson ....Knee deep in sawdust from them monster trees  :D :D :D even a pic of that fish would help ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Harold............Que es su nuevo casa?

I enjoyed seeing your old home and I met 2 of your family members......ED, and Homey.........did ya see the thread with the pics of the visit?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

getoverit

No pescado, pero mucho pesado? Y mucho pollo tambien  :D

Yo quiero photos... mas y mas photos.

Figured I'd make Harold feel at home since he is immersed in Spanish now. They say there's no better way to learn another language than to be totally submersed in it and HAVE to speak it to get what you want.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

crtreedude

Vacation is over! The container will be delivered tomorrow.

Harold got off cheap on impuestos (customs fees) $750.00 for a container of tools. My shipper done good. Hopefully it got here in one piece.

Hector will have enough guys there so Harold doesn't strain himself - and of course Hector wants the brushhog we had shipped down! We need it badly.

Ever try to weedwhack 167 acres... ?  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Murf

Quote from: crtreedude on January 18, 2006, 05:15:36 PM
Ever try to weedwhack 167 acres... ?  ::)

I guess it all depends on the ratio of "weeds" to "whackers".  :D  :D  :D

GOI, unless my Spaneech is a little off, which it may well be, you asked if the non-existant fish were heavy.  ???

crtreedude

3 workers with industrial grade Stihls - takes a while but less time than I would have thought.

There are reasons the workers are thinner than I.  ::)

SwampDonkey

Depends on the growth and how dense the wood is to cut into, those stihls and 3 bush whackers should cover 20 acres a week (5 day week) :D, so 2 months should do it. Just in time to start over. ;D :D Are they FS550's ? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

getoverit

Quote from: getoverit on January 16, 2006, 05:15:19 PM
No pescado, pero mucho pesado? Y mucho pollo tambien  :D

Yo quiero photos... mas y mas photos.

]

I'm pretty sure it translates as:

No fish, but plenty of fishieness (sin) ? and loads of chickens too!

I want pictures, lots and lots of pictures

crtreedude

getoverit

My Bad..... try this instead:

ningunos pescados, pero cargas del pecado

:D

crtreedude

No fish, but loads of sin?

Are you trying to tell us something?  ???

getoverit

:D :D :D

I just hope Harold is having a GREAT time !

8)

Fla._Deadheader

Yesterday, The Forestry Engineer came to finish doing the tree survey, so we can start making lumber. She took my host, soooooooooo, I covered up with plastico bolsas and went after the yard with one-O-them weedwackers. Ever cut grass and weeds that are well fertilized with Chikin and Puerco droppins ???  Has a sorta Dulce taste, kinda.  ::) ::) ::)

Rained like crazy several times, but, the yard got Geraldo's seal of approval.

Next time, I'm gonna hafta go to town for the Internet, and let Geraldo cut the yard  ::) ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

That's right Harold, some how you got hootwinked on the end of that saw. Seems to me there must be some able bodied Ringo's son looking for some sweat to burn. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

Harold, you should be glad Lucía used Geraldo for measuring and not you. I felt like I was playing mountain goat when I was helping her. After about 4 hours I was starting to feel it...

Thank You Sponsors!