iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tesoros Del Sol...........

Started by Burlkraft, January 09, 2006, 12:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I just ordered 5 lbs. of CR coffee......................

I can't wait. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It will be a welcome change from the crap that I been drinkin' now smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce

Thanks for the link crtreedude...............Say Hi to the Deadheader for me :) :) :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

crtreedude

Sure will - you will love it - but it will kill off the post office.

True story, when we used to get it, the postal man used to complain that the entire post office smelled like freshly roasted coffee.

Told me it nearly killed them off.

Janet roasts it just before it is shipped.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Burlkraft

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You know what the Postal Man really meant....don't you ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

The smell of fresh roasted coffee made one of them have a caffeine flashback...and then HE went Postal and killed  smiley_smash smiley_hanged smiley_smash smiley_hanged...The rest of them off :) :) :) :)

I can't wait for the coffee to get here............Today I'm drinkin' some really bad Sumatran >:( >:( >:(

Murf

Quote from: crtreedude on January 09, 2006, 12:22:41 PM
True story, when we used to get it, the postal man used to complain that the entire post office smelled like freshly roasted coffee.

You wanna hear what da' UPS man has ta' say when ya' wrap up a freshly smoked salmon an' ship ta' somebody fer a Christmas present.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Burlkraft

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener

janet

8)

Hey, thanks crtreedude, my friend, for the plug!  We shade grown types need to stick together, huh?
And, Berlkraft, I got your order, and we are roasting as I type. 
Nice to meet the members of this forum!
Best regards,

Janet
Tesoros del Sol

IMERC

serious coffee for serious drinkers.

the outfit is down in the Springs so I don't use Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com / 5-LBS-Gourmet-Roasted-Co... -
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

crtreedude

Oh dear, I might have to behave now - Janet is here!

crtreedude

Of course, you do realize with Janet here - we have a population explosion from Costa Rica. Hopefully the server can stand it...

janet

Je je.  Since when have you EVER behaved crtreedude?  Huh?
And to update things:  We are a collective of farms in the high altitudes of the Central Volcanic chain in Costa Rica.  All of our coffee is strictly hard bean, only fully ripe, shade grown, certified organic, and we use fair farmer practices.  The collective was formed to help farmers in retaining their farms and lifestyles.

O.K.  My plug for the year.
Janet
www.tesorosdelsol.com

IMERC

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 09, 2006, 12:06:56 PM

It will be a welcome change from the crap that I been drinkin' now

ummmmm.....    that thing bolted to the floor isn't a coffee cup.....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

etat

While I was in Connecticut I got introduced to one of them coffee makers that grinds the beans and makes the coffee all at the same time.  I fell in love with the stuff so much during the week that I was there that Maxwell House just ain't gonna cut it anymore.  Sooooooo, I came home and bought me one of them coffee makers just like it.   Now it seems I'm getting ruined even more cause I Really want to try some fresh Costa Rica Coffee!!!!!!!  :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

crtreedude

I am trying to get a corporate - or would that be a forum - discount. Janet is checking on it now with her partner...

Of course I am going to be perturbed if you all drain out of Costa Rica all the good coffee...  :(

isawlogs

Quote from: crtreedude on January 09, 2006, 07:07:11 PM
I am trying to get a corporate - or would that be a forum - discount. Janet is checking on it now with her partner...

Of course I am going to be perturbed if you all drain out of Costa Rica all the good coffee... :(

8) 8) 8) 8)   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

Welcome to the forum, Janet  8) You might be hearing from me ;D

I like good, strong coffee, too.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Steve

Janet

Do you have any roast at home suggestions. I have roasted a bit in a frying pan on the stove but the wife says "no more". I want to order the green beans so I can have a fresh roast cup.
I just moved from Hawaii where I was totally spoiled on good coffee. I'd love to try Costa Rican.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Burlkraft

Don't worry treedude...I only drink about 5 lbs. a month ;D ;D ;D

I suppose now that I have a GOOD source maybe I can pound down 10 lbs a month...............

I will probably get all those jobs done around the house that I been meanin' to get done :) :) ;) ;)

Janet,

Thanks so much for gettin' right at my order....I really appreciate it ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I can almost taste it now.................

crtreedude

Roasting coffee:

Take one airdry popper, dump some coffee into it and turn it on, make sure it can move around freely just like the popcorn does.

Wait a until it is the color you want.

But, I can tell you, I have never duplicated Janet's job.

By the way - do you know WHY you want to roast just before it is shipped?

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: crtreedude on January 10, 2006, 07:37:49 AM
By the way - do you know WHY you want to roast just before it is shipped?

Sure, beccause the aroma will drive the customs agent and the postal delivery people crazy.  ;D ;D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Burlkraft

Quote from: Minnesota_boy on January 10, 2006, 07:42:53 AM
Sure, beccause the aroma will drive the customs agent and the postal delivery people crazy. ;D ;D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o

Burlkraft

Quote from: IMERC on January 09, 2006, 05:57:02 PM
ummmmm.....    that thing bolted to the floor isn't a coffee cup....

Yeah....but the coffee tastes like that's where I got it from :( :( :( :( :( :(

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm definatly up for trying it.

Welcome to the forum Janet!
Next stop is your webpage!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Todd

When I was living in S Fla., I knew a guy that was from Colombia who's family sent him a 5# bag of coffee that was then offered to me.  I have no idea of the blend or make or roast..etc.; but I had a DanG[/b] good week that week!  Cuban coffee never did that to me...wish I could find that again
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

crtreedude

The answer (you smart alecs!) is that green beans keep - but roasted loses it's flavor very quick.

Often Costa Rican coffee was sold as Colombian - until people started to know about it.

crtreedude

tburtschers,

You sure you didn't get a bag that someone was smuggling something in with... ? Sounds like your week was perhaps a little TOO good, if you catch my drift...  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!