iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone (guest or member) know how to get an ELC manual for NB online???

Started by SwampDonkey, January 08, 2006, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I been searching and searching the web for a link for the Ecological Land Classification in New Brunswick, Lantz et al 1997 (guide/manual). I see on the DNR site that someone made note it would be posted in the future, but that was a posting made back in July '05. So it might never appear there. If anyone has a link they can send me an instant message or a guest can use the Guest Board at the forum index page.

Thanks for your help in advance.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

slowzuki

I don't have it but I think I downloaded some info in a GIS file last summer.  I'm not sure though, I think it may have only been forest types/tree species.

Murf

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: slowzuki on January 09, 2006, 02:45:58 PM
I don't have it but I think I downloaded some info in a GIS file last summer.  I'm not sure though, I think it may have only been forest types/tree species.

Yes those are the stand boundaries, you can get them off SNB. You might even have the ecoregions and ecozone region boundaries, but I don't think so.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Murf on January 09, 2006, 04:09:32 PM
SD, is this an updated version of what you're looking for ?   ::)

http://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/forestry/reports/ELCrevised2.pdf

No, that's the Nova Scotia ELC. Please don't respond with the NFLD ELC.  ::)  :D :D ;)

Thanks ;)

Murf

Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, what's an imaginary line through the maritimes between friends?  :D

Sheesh, some people are just so DanG'd fussy.  :D  :D  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

slowzuki

I think you are quite right as I got the powerline, railway bed, and coastline survey info at the same time (all different files though).

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 09, 2006, 04:25:51 PM
Yes those are the stand boundaries, you can get them off SNB. You might even have the ecoregions and ecozone region boundaries, but I don't think so.

iain

SwampDonkey

Refer to post #1 :D ;D

"An ecological land classification system, or ELC, is a way of recognizing and describing ecosystems using features of the physical environment, including temperature, precipitation, topography, soil type and other biophysical attributes. The purpose of ELC is to divide and categorize ecosystems at various scales. In natural resource management, it can help to predict where rare species may be found, where the most fertile and productive soils are, and what the "natural" vegetation cover may be in a given area. It is an important tool in forestry, biological conservation, wildlife management and other land use applications."

[source]
http://www.gnb.ca/0263/landclass-e.asp

slowzuki

Which reminds me, I have some paper ones that are at least 50 years old, maybe 100.  It was a soil type survey for agricultural lands.

SwampDonkey

Yes you can get them here in digital form, including the map.

http://sis.agr.gc.ca/cansis/publications/nb/nb2/intro.html

Just click on the hyperlink 'Soil Surveys-New Brunswick' up top to pick the region you want. The link above is an old report for Woodstock ( 30's and 40's) when Canada was called a Dominion. This soil survey of the Woodstock area was requested by the potato industry of the area. It was the second soil survey done in NB. There are 4 additional volumes for the area.

http://sis.agr.gc.ca/cansis/publications/nb/nb9538/intro.html

Forest Soils link

Thank You Sponsors!