iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

359 or 575

Started by timberjack240, January 08, 2006, 02:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack240

i was cuttin wood yesterday usin one of our 288s. normally im a big fan of those babies but for fire wood thyre not exactly #1. i cut 8 truck loads and i was wore out so i got to thinki what a nice light saw wood be for w firewood thats light and has decent amout of power. i was thinkin "who should i ask" and the forum popped into my head so what do you guys think wood be better ... a 359 or a 575

rebocardo

If I was doing truck loads of firewood, a Husky 372 instead of those two. Good balance between power, weight, and cost. I bought Husky 365s because of the cost (at the time the 372 was $150 more) and slight decrease in weight. I cut a lot of wood with them (I call them a 372 lite). If I was not saving for a much bigger saw (395) I would snap up a 372 from Baileys.

timberjack240

i thought about the 372 cause pap has one he trims hemlock but i seen on baileys website that they were out of em now nad our local dealers dont have any either. i havent really heard any good reaports on the 75's im thinkin moree towards the 359 if i get a new toy. i was kinda impressed when i watched a guy sawin big poplar apart with his when we were sharrin a landing. they be a nice saw for trimmin hemlock i think as well i was just wonderin what everbody thought

OLD_ JD

i will go whit a 357xp big time ;)
canadien forest ranger

Hoop

I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy a 575 as it sends a signal to those dimwitted engineers over at Husqvarna central that everything is hunky dory with the 575.  The 575 is a POS.  The sooner people quit buying them, the sooner Huskie will design something better.

I do have great sympathy for Huskie dealers that must endure the latest mis-step.

New 372's are almost nonexistent.  If you can find one, you'll probably be paying a premium price for it.

If you can find a 365, don't pass it up.  The 365 is essentially a 372 with a slightly smaller cylinder/piston.

SawTroll

The 575 isn't that much lighter than the 288.

If it has to be a Husky, I suggest the the 357xp, provided you keep the 288 for the big stuff.
Information collector.

sh25

for $399 at baileys and open up the muffler you cant go wrong with the 359!

timberjack240

thanks everbody
i think i agree with hoop i havent herd anyhtin good about the 75
if i get a saw i think itll be a 359 cause i can run a 24 in bar and trim hemlock and cut fire wood and if i have to cut down with it

Ed_K

I've been running the 575 for awhile now, and the only thing I've found that its hard to start if you hold it between your legs, easier if on the ground.
Ed K

timberjack240

went to the dealer last night to get a 288 fixed i checked out the little 359. nice little saw i think it  wood work good but looks aint everything  ;D

Corley5

I'd look at a 2171 Jonsered if I were you.  Not much different than the 372  ;) ;D  One a them screamin' little Huskys would be nice though ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

rahtreelimbs

I think a lot of guys are being turned off by the "bad press" that the 575 has gathered. I ran a modded version of the saw......I thought it was pretty good. The power comes on lower than the 372.

I think if more guys demoed the saw the opinions might slightly more toward the good!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

rahtreelimbs

Here you go on the MS441 air-injection........

Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

BCtimber

I think the bad press has something to do with not wanting to try something new in the case of the 575...
I am happy with my saw.(575)  The anti vibes are second to none.  Very smooth saw.  I do seem to be having some teething problems with the carb and it is going back to the dealer this week for a carb kit.  Wave of the future though. 

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: BCtimber on January 16, 2006, 12:16:46 AM
I think the bad press has something to do with not wanting to try something new in the case of the 575...
I am happy with my saw.(575)  The anti vibes are second to none.  Very smooth saw.  I do seem to be having some teething problems with the carb and it is going back to the dealer this week for a carb kit.  Wave of the future though. 

I would like to pickup a 575 sometime down the line!

Thank You Sponsors!