iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how y'all doing on your new years resolutions so far?

Started by Modat22, January 04, 2006, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon12345

I was reading an interview with a guy who used to work in a sawmill around here back in the 50's maybe, in it he said that they sold different 'grades' of sawdust that came from the mill...one of which was called 'flour' and was actually added to flour?    YUCK
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

crtreedude

Patty,

You have destroyed my excuses:

Our time hardly changes all year - figure just about all the time 12 hours daylight, 12 hours dark - it is what you get in the tropics.

Weather stays almost exactly the same too - moved here and lost my excuses!
So, how did I end up here anyway?

blueox

For me, New Years Resolutions always seem to be about loosing weight. This year I'm altering it just a tad. I decided to eat "healthier" and not think about the weight. I want to buy "organic" beef, chicken etc...Its no wonder that we are all getting bigger, all the meat in the grocery store is injected with growth hormones. The hormones don't stop working just because we slaughtered and cooked the animal...it keeps working in our bodies....DUH...

My second resolution is to write a note to the school to NOT give my kids "flouride" EVER, EVER again! Another thing that I wasn't aware of until recently! Flouride is poisen in our bodies, which is why they took it out of our town water and then gave us "idiotic" parents the choice to "poisen" our own kids, by signing a waiver at school. Of course, we all thaught we were doing the right thing...we aren't!! They are better off letting their buckies rot out of their heads, than to ingest Flouride!

Well those are my 2 resolutions....Hope you all do well with yours!

Happy New Year! Here is to GOOD Health!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Modat22

Fluoride also has a calming effect and makes one more flexible to suggestions to go with the flow.

I think this is correct anyway, I might have read this at a conspiracy web site.
remember man that thy are dust.

Cedarman

My weight is in direct proportion to how well my wife, Jane, cooks.  Its all her fault.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jon12345

The CDC recommends not giving children under 8 flouridated water (>2 ppm), and to only use a small amount of flouride toothpaste once a day, making sure it isn't swallowed.  It appears the worse effects are high levels while teeth are developing, after that everything is ok as long as you don't eat the toothpaste.

Part_Timer

Patty

It's not fat we're just fully grown. ;D  I'm just more full grown than others.

If ya want to see poison look up aspritame"nutra sweet".  I found out the hard way.  I came down with migranes that would cause total blindness for 2-3 hours and had a mild stroke and worse.  Took 2 1/2 years 3 MRI's 1 bad doctor and one real good one before we figured it out.  BAD STUFF for me anyway.

IF ya look it up you may never drink a diet soda again.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

Tom

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

jon12345

I can't stand diet soda, it just tastes nasty...must be the aspartame

Olean is another thing to watch out for, it is in some fat free chips and causes some pretty gross side effects ::)

in other new: tonight I decided to kick my habit    wish me luck    8)

Rockn H

I'm with you Jon on the diet soda.  If I dont' need the real thing I'd rather just drink water.  It's better for y'a anyway. ;D

I didn't do any resolutions this year.  I'm making an effort though to start spending more time at our camp if that counts.  We've had it a while and started remodeling then stopped.  Now we've started back.  Going to take care of some temporary stuff and then get on with the permanent ones.  There's so much to do it'll be a long go.  We spent New Years there and I'm going back this weekend by myself. ;D  Well I may have some company Sat. , you never can tell who'll drop by.

UNCLEBUCK

Patty you dont need to lose a pound , you look great and youre just a little squirt  ;D .  I stood next to my big cousins tonight as I watched them milking cows and the one said he weighed 240lbs ,the other 240lbs,,they said hey U.B. you still pushin 354lbs I said yep . we all have the same cholesterol of 146,blood pressure of 130/80 ,blood sugar 117 , and none of us have any of those love handles so health must be hereditary to some extent , 100% full blood scandinavians . Grew up together on seagrams and marlboros and we all agreed tonight to not change a thing except I had to go and get hooked on that filthy snuff when I was drivin truck so they think I am sick in the head to be addicted to something .  Interesting stuff about nutra-sweet , glad you made it P.T. ,  glad I got a country well on sand/gravel .  Do I dare say I am addicted to diet-pepsi !  Oh yes I need 2 cans per day and I pour it over a big cup of ice and just love the taste . Boy I am a mess now aint I  :D Here is just a tidbit that might make blueox want to really follow his resolution , another cousin of mine worked for the big turkey company here in minnesota, he mixed the feeds in the big elevator and the big trucks would pull up and load and haul it out to the barns where the turkeys are. In one year he came down with migrains and lung problems ,also melted the metal and plastic in his new boots, they slowly introduce the baby chicks into the feed ration and keep turning up the formula until processing time . The feed ration is so hot it would kill a farm raised turkey. He will never eat a store bought turkey again . Too many chemicals , way too many chemicals, I dont even want to start listing the chemicals because I love to eat store bought turkey . Hang in there Modat
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Patty

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on January 06, 2006, 12:59:20 AM
Patty you dont need to lose a pound , you look great and youre just a little squirt  ;D . 

UB! I am framing this sentence and hanging it on the wall.  smiley_bouncing

Those are very kind words and I appreciate it, but I still can't squeeze my butt into my bluejeans.  :-X
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Cedarman

My niece is a health inspector.  Her last turkey was a free range one, no added chemicals.  Wonder why?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Modat22

Quote from: Cedarman on January 06, 2006, 06:40:47 AM
My niece is a health inspector.  Her last turkey was a free range one, no added chemicals.  Wonder why?

I've done electrical upgrades once for a well known meat packing company which involved a walk thru of the existing facility.

I no longer eat hot dogs, bologna, smoked sausage or store bought sausage.

pigman

Modat, sounds like you were either in Fischers or Swift in Louisville. Of course Con- Agra changed the name of there packing plant every year, it might have been called Armour or Monfort when you were there. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Modat22

Yep. Not sure the plant is open anymore.

A side note, from what I hear hebrew national hotdogs are the ones to buy if your leary of hotdogs.

Paschale

Quote from: blueox on January 05, 2006, 02:53:31 PM
My second resolution is to write a note to the school to NOT give my kids "flouride" EVER, EVER again!

Ten guesses as to which city in the country was the first to flourinate their water.   ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

DanG

I'm pleased to report that I made no resolutions for the new year, and I haven't broken any of them yet. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

UNCLEBUCK

Youre a smart man DanG , I really put my foot in mouth for sayin I quit copenhagen but I know that I dont want to be a failure here in front of all of you . I dont even think about copenhagen today all day and remain nicotene free since 11:59 pm new years eve . I really feel good about it 100% but I was really bad off . I put 7$ in my coffee can every 3rd day and use 1$ bills to make it look drastic but it helps to see how much I would have tossed away. Keep going everyone who needs to keep after it !  :-X
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

asy

Good onya Buck!

We're all REALLY Proud of you!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

Good going Buck!

I am still doing well but today is going to be a test. I know some of you will enjoy this - we have a cold front moved in. Now, don't get excited Jeff, it isn't going to snow, but we have a rain that isn't exactly warm (probably 60 degrees F) but for us it is cold. I got boots on and also a polar fleece.

The Ticos are bundled up like they are watching a football game in Wisconsin in January...

During the cross-over between rainy season and dry it gets this way.

Anyway, the challenge? I am supposed to ride the bike today...  :-\
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Norm

Shoot UB, here I had Becky all set to send up your way and here it sounds like you are doing fine without her help.

Way to go! 8)

hiya

I didn't make a new years resolution. But a little over a year ago I realized I needed to be a better husban. Soooo I try to spend more time with my wife and talk more ( they say husbans don't take enough)   :o. I kind of like it  8). And I WILL continual for the rest of my life.
As far as weight I now weigh 10 lbs. more than whem I did at 20. I was higher, but when I could feel a little fat on my sides I stopped eating because it was good, ( my wife is a good cook 8)). I just eat what I think I need. I'm a fast eater, so I just sit there while every one eats and eats and ea well you know what I mean. ;D
Richard
RichardinMd.

Modat22

day 6 of being a non smoker, I had a real hard time today, I ended up buying a pack of cheapo cigars and took 1 puff from one then threw it out. I'm really wanting a smoke today.. :-[

beenthere

Hang in there, it'll be on the easy side soon if you do hang in there.

UB Proud to hear you are doing well with you resolution. Really glad to hear of the accomplishment.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jon12345

So, it has been a over a month now,  how is everyoing doing on their resolutions??

Thank You Sponsors!