iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Land of the Dinosaurs

Started by shopteacher, January 02, 2006, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

Awhile back norm asked if I would post a few pictures of the dinosaurs my kids were making for Toy's For Tot's. Well Norm here they are.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

CHARLIE

That's neat Shopteacher!  That's going to make a bunch of children happy. I hope your students signed their work. Some of them may become heirlooms. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

asy

FAR Too cool Teach!!!

My son would have drooled all over one of those when he was little!!!

Good on you AND your kids!

ays :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Norm

Cool! I must be in my second childhood cuz I'm drooling for one. :D

Thanks for taking the time and remembering. :)

Paschale

That's very cool...and it's even better that there's a school district that still believes in shop!   8) 8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

Quote from: Paschale on January 04, 2006, 01:33:59 PM
it's even better that there's a school district that still believes in shop!   8) 8)

Um, I totally agree here...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

shopteacher

The school shop are going the way of the dinosaur.  A school district from flordia called the college my wife works at and requested names of any teachers that were trained in Industrial Arts but not Technology Education. Reason; they can't find kids with any skills that requires hands on work. Nuff said.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

rebocardo

Patty

Pretty cool there shopteacher. Your students are very lucky.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Mr Mom

My son ask me if i could buy one for him. Do you have plans. my son really wants one.
    He is big time into dinosaurs.

Mr Mom

Engineer

I was talking yesterday with a friend who owns an excavating company, he and I are installing the septic system for my new house.  We were lamenting that there was great difficulty in getting qualified plumbers and electricians to do work on a timely schedule, and that there are no new tradespeople stepping up to the plate lately.  Three different plumbers are advertising in the local paper for experienced plumbers, burner techs and even apprentices because they are all swamped.  The guy plumbing my place lost one of his two workers, and has had an ad running for four weeks and not even ONE phone call.  My friend said that he can't find anyone who even wants to learn to be an equipment operator - even young guys with a CDL don't want to "work" for an excavating company, all they want to do is drive the dump truck so that they can sit on their butt all day.  If I could make decent money, I'd run an excavator all day, every day.  I love it.

I think that as people come into the trades, they will be able to charge whatever they want to and people will pay it.  I'm almost tempted to give up the engineering and become a plumber - $60 to $80 an hour around here, and all the work you can handle.   Same goes for carpenters (especially finish work), drywall, electricians, and skilled tile installers.   I'd like to think that the painters and roofers are scarce as well, but they seem to be as common as dirt in my neighborhood.

Thank You Sponsors!