iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered bar studs, where do I get them?

Started by Daren, January 02, 2006, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I have a Jonsered 2095 I am buying a new bar for. I am going to replace the studs too, they loosen up every once and awhile, they are starting to strip. I use it hard for ripping and bury it most of the time. I have to order them, no place local, and would like to get them the same place as the bar.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

HiOctane

You have to order them tru a Jon or Husqui dealer.

Chris J

Bailey's can supply the correct bar, and they might also have the correct metric studs.  If not, the Jonsered website has a feature to locate the dealer closest to you.  I would think that the Jred & Husky bar studs would be same on their models that are nearly-but-not-quite-twins.

The question going through my mind is how are the threads in the saw body?
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

HiOctane

There are no threads,you install them just by pushing them tru the oil cap hole.At the last part of the stud,they fit tight in the case and the end of the stud is square goining in a square hole in thecase so they cant turn.To remove the old ones,just tap on the stud end and they will in the oil tank.

Daren

My studs are threaded on both ends, big threads into the saw body and little ones poke through the bar. I ordered a bar through Baileys (it's here and it's on the saw), have not bought new studs, but did do the dealer locator.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thank You Sponsors!