iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vac Kilns Again

Started by DragonsBane, January 01, 2006, 12:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonsBane

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

De Opresso Liber.

DragonsBane

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

De Opresso Liber.

GaS

That is a lot of stainless steel!

DragonsBane

Yea it is. And I can imagine fo r the price they'll want for it I could buy a set-up ready to run from Den. ::)

De Opresso Liber.

serg

Hello!
Beautiful preparation for construction of the vacuum drying chamber!
To build it is possible in any state of the world! Simply, reliably, cheaply.
Only 30 days also are possible to dry boards.
Sergey.

Den Socling

Sergey,

As I have said in the past, this seems like a good design for a low cost steam vac but gee whiz guy! don't sound like a used car salesman.  ;)

Den

GaS

The industry could use an additional method of drying, Serge's kilns seem like a better idea than SSV and Forintek thought the SSV was a useful upgrade to a conventional kiln.  Potentially an upgrade from SSV?  Or a similar-but-competitve method?

Serg needs an 'in' here in the US, a kiln to build word of mouth for his design and know-how.  Patenting it first would be a good idea, Americans are ingenious like the Chinese   :P

serg

Gas , Thank that you have shown interest to my technology of vacuum drying . On a site http://www.cfquesnel.com/nhi/Content/Section5/5_8.htm four variants of the technology of vacuum drying is described. My design all differs from the others. In Russia the big problem is drying firm breeds of wood, Northern America is similar to Russia. I dry all wood which grow in Russia and due to Mr. Parker I have dried up other precious breeds of wood. Our market requires in idle time, reliable, economic, universal vacuum drying. I have put into practice three diagrams of drying:
1.   For a wood temperature of  65-75 degrees F=149-167.
2.   For drying details of the transformer of 100 degrees F = 212.
3.   For drying a delicacy for dogs of 52 degrees F =125.
4.   I work with the colleague from Latvia above technology of thermal processing and condensation of wood.
     One design of a vacuum dryer can do all this. In it there are no fans, dampeners and an automatic control system of process of drying. Into each board to insert the gauge it is impossible , I against to dry in the average kind. W = 6-12 % average humidity of 9 %. I dry particularly up to humidity of all stack of wood - 6 % of EACH BOARD! Difference W = 0.8 - 1 % a maximum.
      My technology is simple: I keep pairs from the beginning and up to the end of drying. Hence constantly passes humidifying the top layers of a wood, and the gradient of pressure expels a moisture from middle of a board. This moment enables to dry different breeds of wood, different thickness and different humidity of boards from W=30 % - 65 % in one bookmark in one volume of the chamber under one UNIVERSAL DIAGRAM of DRYING. It consists of stages:
1.   Warming up.
2.   Drying an output(exit) of free water.
3.   Boiling and removal the messenger of a moisture.
Changes only time of drying from 3 about 25 days. The temperature in the chamber is leveled when cold water acts, begins natural convection the agent of drying (pair). When the pair wood with humidity of 30 % is a lot of does not dry, sated pairs will not give it to make. When all stack begins W = 25 % then boards will start to dry in regular intervals. Devices and gauges help me during drying, the ending of drying I accept on an output(exit) of water with 1 М3 =1.5 litres .It speaks about that that humidity of all stack is equal W = 5.0 - 5.5 %. Or for musical instruments of 3 %. In Moscow operational humidity of wooden products of 6-7 %. In 3 days the wood will accept this humidity and NEVER WILL DRY OUT, that gives high quality to finished articles. The small chamber costs very cheaply, on 4 М3 I fix the electric boiler of 9 KW. In a mode on-off - the average power consumption of 4.5 KW. It is easily transported, mounted during 1 hour. For 1 hour it is possible to dismantle and transport in other place. All management in working tambour. From 4 М3 a black oak it is possible to make 12 elite (look a photo). The price in Moscow 4 000.00 $ for 1 piece(12 х 4 000.00 $ = 48 000. 00 $). Recoupment of the project, each businessman can make calculations directly to the cities and the countries.Practice has shown, that it is the serious project which has the new string.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sergey

Den Socling

I'll bring out some of the past threads in case anybody is interested in turning one of these chambers into a vac kiln.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=6505.0
That one has some info about sizing vacuum pumps.

Den Socling

Den Socling

Den Socling

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10133.0
Still another above.

(Somebody had asked by PM if I could help this thread)

serg

Den, I on a forum have told about the technology of vacuum drying. Wanted to learn opinion of the American guys. ???
And no more that! ;)
Sergey.

Den Socling

Thank you, Sergey.

(Sergey and I have had a little PM regarding that 'used car salesman' selling vac kilns.  ;D)

serg

Den, looked photos, you can be congratulated on birth of the grandson! At me too the grandson recently was born. Come to us to Moscow. With the best wishes. Sergey :)

DragonsBane

So a good ratio to use on vac pumps would be 10 CFM per 100 board foot?

De Opresso Liber.

Den Socling

Actually, you can get by with less than half that capacity because you condense vapor on the inside surfaces of the chamber. And you can use the 'poor man's vac pump' - a kiln condenser - much of the time.

Thank You Sponsors!