iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Dust flying

Started by hiwayherbie, December 30, 2005, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiwayherbie

I was smiling ear to ear today ;D ...Finally cut my first log (red oak).  ;D Picked up the mill (lt15) 4 weeks ago and first chance I had to try!!! :o New here on the forum, been lurking around for about 2 years observing and learning.  Tomorrow I may cut some more logs ::) up instead of doing chores around the house,  ::) ::) Could be a problem!!!! ;D
LT15, Branson3510, 2500HD, chomper14, Stihl 029, Husky 359,372xp,445, EZ dump trailer,6 roto-tiller, 5 bush-hog...Just playing with the toys.....

Kevin_H.

Well let me be the first to say LET'S GET SOME PICS.  ;D

Nice choice on the lt 15, but owning a sawmill is kinda like owning a boat, Ya always want one just a little bigger.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

sprucebunny

Welcome to the forum, herbie  :)

Glad you came out of the woodwork :D

Sawdust sure is addicting...careful how you use it ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WH_Conley

" smiling ear to ear"

Yer one of us now. There is no cure. ;D
Bill

Tom

Welcome to the forum, hiwayherbie.

That LT15 is no toy.  It will cut a log a mile long if you lay the track. ;D

Kirk_Allen

Welcome aboard hiwayherbie.

One thing I would have thought you knew after lurking for a couple years is that we dont believe you cut any logs since you didnt post any pics ;D

woodbowl

Pics,  pics !!!  Got to have pics!  ;D  Welcome HWH.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

thecfarm

Welcome!Sawdust that you have made,great isn't it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dan_Shade

Quote from: hiwayherbie on December 30, 2005, 08:05:53 PM
Tomorrow I may cut some more logs ::) up instead of doing chores around the house,  ::) ::) Could be a problem!!!! ;D

I suffer the same problem, that's why when people stop by, they generally tell me I need a wife to keep me in line...

welcome aboard!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Cedarman

Welcome!

I've always wondered if people always want a bigger mill or they just want a bigger pile of sawdust at the end of the day.

When I bought my first WM in 83, the locals all laughed at me and my toy.  But it ain't how big your pile of lumber is at the end of the day, it's how much money and fun you had when you go to the bank the next morning.

Happy sawing.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

customsawyer

Welcome home.
Hope you can find a cure for the sawdust bug cause we sure haven't
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum and into the family of Wood-Mizer owners.   8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ronwood

Welcome to the forum and as Bibbyman said to the Woodmizer family also.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

LeeB

Me, I don't want no cure. Welcome. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!