iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

D&L TS36?

Started by ScottAR, December 30, 2005, 02:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottAR

I see on doublecut.com main page a new mill designation...

TS36...   Details anyone...

Full hydraulic TS30 perhaps?

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

HORSELOGGER

Hi Scott,   I believe the TS 30 is available as a fully hydraulic model on its own, and the TS 36 is a larger capacity TS ( twin saw) model, offering heavier framing and more hp for the larger logs. You might ask them for a video up at D&L, and be prepared to be impressed by the 36. The log turning and clamping is fantastic and really helps set those blue mills apart from the competion. ( and no, I dont own one, just an admirer)
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

DanG

I don't own one either, but I wish I did.  Lindsay always has some innovation in the works, and I can imagine that the 36 is a big enough improvement over the 30 to justify a new model number.  I spent a bit of time watching the D&Ls at Moultrie, and I can tell you they're some sweet cutting mills! :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

HORSELOGGER

I dont believe the 36 replaces the 30,  but is just another size option, depending on what a guy wants to cut. Wonder where lindsay is ??? Must be high country sleddin....
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

DanG

From the looks of his website, I'd say his nose is stuck to the grindstone.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

doublecut

Hey Dang and horselogger
Yup back now from the high country .Was sleddin and lovin it in 8ft of it .
Hi ScottAR
We have designed the T.S 36 around a all around mill. The main features was that most didn't want out T.S 48 but wanted something bigger than the T.S36. We designed a new log turning system and a 8 x 12 cut to allow to take off the 8" board on the horizontal if needed.
We have incorporated a heavy frame same easy set up as the other twin saw models. But one of the requests was to be able to turn logs in a higer production mode to make large cants . So hence the new log turning system .
doublecut

ScottAR

I see... Many thanks!

More or less the same size as the MD mills with more automation... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

doublecut

We have many models to choose from and more on the way for 2006 we are going to unvail soon . Only in the fact that there is no log turning that the 2 mills can they be compared the same. But if you really compare , the sawing , saw configuration  ( edger saw - head saw ), the frame , the saws the power plant , cutting length, feed system , portability , it is all completely different. 
ScottAR what mill do you have now?
We just sold a T.S 36DTH into west virginia to be delivered the end of Jan. We also have one in florida. Seems to be the mill of customers choice  according to sales so far.
doublecut

ScottAR

I don't have a mill at all... 
I was only comparing the mills in cutting capacity (8"X12") and perhaps physical size.  I'm sure they have a different overall design.  In fact, the D&L mills seem to be up with the times whereas the MobileD mills seem dated. 

I do like the diesel engine option... All my other machines are diesel, makes it simplier for supplies; oil and such. 
Scott
[Magicman]

doublecut

Hi Scott
HAve you had the chance to see the twin saw mills run? We were at moultrie georgia in oct . Hoping to take in more shows this year around the usa.
doublecut

ScottAR

I haven't had the chance yet...  Life & work keep getting in the way... 
Any shows in MO. planned??
Scott
[Magicman]

doublecut

No not as of yet but will keep you informed as to how ouor 2006 schedule un folds.
doublecut

doublecut

Hey ScottAR
Sent you email did you get it?
doublecut

ScottAR

Replied...  Sorry about the delay... 
Scott
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!