iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Years Resolution - lets have it !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, December 28, 2005, 12:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

At 11:59 pm on new years eve I am saying goodbye to Copenhagen snuff ! Its 7$ a can . Pray for me  :D  :'(   ;D  now is anyone else going to give up something or change something ?
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

Yes, I decided to change my name, but since I cant keep a new years resolution, I have decided to stop changing my name for my New years resolution since by then I will have run out of ideas for new names and its then a resolution I can probably keep.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Max sawdust

Good luck on kicking the chew.  I can not wait until I work up the strength to quite myself.  (Nasty addiction >:()
I am with Jeff OH AH Needles Magee on the resolution thing.
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Patty

I resolve to stay on my diet.  ::)   I am in reprieve over the holidays, you see.  ;D    Last year we did pretty good, this year I have just a few more pounds to shed (like 10-15) and then I will have to try to keep it off.  :-\

Good luck on kicking that chew. Yuk!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Corley5

Several years ago I my New Years Resolution was = No more New Years Resolutions.  I haven't broken it yet  ;) ;D :)  Good luck on quitting the chew.  Be persistent about it.  Nicotine is a hard addiction to break.   There are still times when I'd love a cigarette and it's been 2.5 years since I gave them up.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

crtreedude

Corley,

I hate to tell you, but I quit smoking more than 25 years ago and I would still love to have a cigarette at times...

But, I know that they would kill me - as in Amy would immediately shoot me since she is alergic to them.  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Corley5

Quote from: crtreedude on December 28, 2005, 07:33:01 AM
I hate to tell you, but I quit smoking more than 25 years ago and I would still love to have a cigarette at times...

Exactly  Once an addict always an addict :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

maple flats

twill be a tough one for me, but I had a DR's appt today, he wants me to loose 10 more pounds  :'( . I have lost 30 in the past 2 years by just working harder to burn off the extra cals, but I'm running out of time to work more, now I might actually have to cut down on eating, NOT SURE THAT WILL BE DO-ABLE! :-\
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

never chewed, but I gave up cigarettes in 1974 for my wife at mothers day. I took about 20 years before I no longer wanted one if I had a beer with my buddies. Now I think it stinks big time. Good luck, you have a long road but it's rewards are good.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Burlkraft

I resolve that this will be the year that I will finally buy a mill :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Procrastination is one of my better skills.............I now have to make up my mind and pull the trigger :o :o

Swinger or band......swinger or band.....swinger or band.......Ohhhh I've got some time yet 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

crtreedude

Let's see:

1. I resolve in the Spring not to tease anyone about the weather up there. (Winter and Summer are definitely fair game!)
2. I resolve to cut back on my office hours and get more excercise. I figure off-loading with Harold one day a week will get that one done!
3. I resolve to get better at Spanish (don't know how I can avoid that one...)
4. I resolve to eat Grits as little as possible.
5. I resolve to enjoy living in the tropics.

As you can see - I am trying not to strain myself here.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Modat22

To stop smoking cigars again, I quit for 3 years, drank a little one night and started up again. I need to quit again because these cigars are killing my lungs since I inhale the smoke.
remember man that thy are dust.

Burlkraft

Ooooohhhhhhh Modat.........

Quittin' for the second time is hard..... :o :o :o :o

Good Luck smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Modat22

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 28, 2005, 10:17:29 AM
Ooooohhhhhhh Modat.........

Quittin' for the second time is hard..... :o :o :o :o

Good Luck smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

My wife almost left me the first time I quit, I was quite the vile bugger.
remember man that thy are dust.

Paschale

1. Well, it's either quit eating or start exercising this year...and I love to eat too much...so I think it means start exercising.   ::)

2.  Make sawdust with that mill I bought...AGES ago!  Gotta make the time to get her going, and that's one resolution that I will definitely keep!

3.  Get more organized!

4.  Build at least one piece of furniture before Spring comes--maybe a bookcase.  My shop has just been used lately for home repairs, and it's high time I do something FUN in there.

5.  Eat more ice cream...which means I need to exercise more, so now, I'm back to the beginning again.   ::)

Good luck on quitting the chew and the cigars guys!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

sawguy21

1. Cut down on the groceries and beer and get more exercise. My clothes are shrinking faster than ever.
2.  Get the heater in the shop so I can get some projects out of the way.
3. Quit procrastinating. No. Wait. That is #1 ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PawNature

Quote from: Corley5 on December 28, 2005, 07:21:41 AM
Several years ago I my New Years Resolution was = No more New Years Resolutions. I haven't broken it yet ;) ;D :) Good luck on quitting the chew. Be persistent about it. Nicotine is a hard addiction to break. There are still times when I'd love a cigarette and it's been 2.5 years since I gave them up.

Ditto
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

jon12345

To quit doing 'bad' things and start savin that money, especially for my son.  Even though he is only a little over a year, I don't want $$ to stop him from getting a good education :)
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Ed

Less working.........more fishing!!!!!

Not as easy as is seems, there is always something that needs "doing" or "fixin".

People tell me I'm a "workaholic" time to prove them wrong!

I need to realize that stuff will still be there when I get home.

Ed

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Kevin_H.

farmerdoug

Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

LIL

Are you guys going to bump this thread back to the top in another 6 months so we can all see how you're getting on???? ;)

I havent made any resolutions for the past thirty years and it seems to have worked for me : ;D so I guess I'll stick to it.

To the guys quitting smoking - good luck and keep at it - hard I know.  I stopped just over 2.5 years ago and as the others have testified find it hardest when drinking.  But havent gone back.  Makes it easier here in NZ with our new law however - our pubs and clubs are smokefree.  Which is awesome specially when you wake up in the morn and your clothes and hair dont stink of smoke :)

Resolution or not - hope all have a great happy and healthy year!

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Thank You Sponsors!