iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Giving and receiving

Started by isawlogs, December 25, 2005, 09:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

A month or so ago , a new neibourgh came by and wanted a wainy edge board , give or take five feet long X 8 or so inches wide . We found what he was in need of , he wanted to have it for his wife that was going to make a coat rack with it .  Fine , here have a nice time . I gave him the board , it was left over from my gable ends on the shop , he did want to pay for it but I was busy and told him that he could have it and have fun .
   Well , he came back the day before yesterday and brought me two bottles of red wine , I dont think I could of bought the wine with the money that the board was worth , but he was so happy that his wife liked the board and made what he says is the nicesss coat rack that it was well worth the two bottles that he was giving to me , and that it was the first time someone had actualy given him something with no strings attached .
    This has made my Christmas , and I think is what its all about . What goes around comes around  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

smiley_thumbsup_grin Ya done good, Marcel  smiley_clapping
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Frank_Pender

You are so correct, Marcel.  Sometimes some folks can't see the forest for the trees when those sorts of actions are taken; be they words or actions.
Frank Pender

thecfarm

That's the way neighbors are a suppose to be.I do something for you and you do something for me.I don't mean you HAVE to,but in case you need something I am here.To bad alot of this is gone.I do have a couple neighbors that I could call  up anytime and they would be here.But they could call us and we would be the same way.I have to saw some cherry up for one of my neighbors.Wants to make some gunstocks with it.I will do it just because he's my neighbor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Onthesauk

We've still got that in our neighborhood, very small community.  People here would do pretty much anything for you if you needed it.  A year or so back when my wife was in the hospital I had a neighbor tell me, "You have to let people help you, it's good for them too!"
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

LIL

:)

I had not longed finished reading this thread and there was a knock at the door.  It was our neighbour Ivan with some new potatoes for us.  We are lucky to have such great neighbours when these days they seem so few and far between.  Ian and I went over early yesterday morning with a gift to thank them for all their help throughout this year.  Im fairly sure they werent expecting it - I just wanted to let them know that we appreciate all the help they give us.

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Coon

These posts on giving and receiving brings those finer things in life.  What happened to the barter trade system in modern day life.  Why is something always worth ?? many dollars when it could be worth X amount of board feet or X amount of fresh garden vegetables.  In the small community in which I live many of us tend to use this system as none of us are rich by any means.  One example takes me back to this fall when my neighbor needed help replacing some of the belting on his round baler.  I did indeed go help him and did so as a favor.  A couple of weeks later we had a knock on the door and it was this same neighbor and in his hands he had some parts for an old engine that I was in desperate need of along with a big bag of his wifes homemade perogies and cabbage rolls as payment for helping him with the baler.  What comes around goes around......
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Burlkraft

I need to move.........you guys have such good neighbors ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I have been giving to mine............food, money, vodka and stuff from my garden......all unintentional and by her doing I might add >:( >:( >:( >:(

She has failed to do anything in return.....well maybe that's not true.....I guess she got me to put all new locks on the house and the shop.......and she thought me that you really shouldn't trust anyone......and to always lock your stuff up....even your garden ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!