iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tough little guy

Started by Faron, December 24, 2005, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Last night we went to the Friday night auction in the Amish area.  We were standing in the building materials area talking to a friend, when we heard a loud thump.  There were two concrete double sinks 8 feet long or so standing against the wall to be sold.  One had one end broken, and whoever brought it in had stood it up on the broken end.  An Amish man and his son of about six years of age had been looking at them.  The broken sink had slid down the wall and landed on the young boy. When I turned around, the boy was down on the floor kind of wimpering, with that big concrete top across his neck!  By the time I stumbled across a couple stacks of lumber to get there, the father had lifted the top off and got him out.  My wife is a nurse and was sure he had to be hurt.  While my wife was trying to immobilize him and try to assess his condition, of course Dad was trying to get him to move around and see if everything worked. ;) :D  Best we could tell he was fine.  One tough little guy, he never really cried.  The scary thing is that thing could have just as easily killed the little guy on the spot.  Hug your kids and grandkids today if you can.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Danny_S

Yeesh! Talk about everything but the concrete kitchen sink! He musta been a tough little bugger. I watched a lid on a potato bin slam shut on my daughter's fingers, I thought for sure it would have crushed or severed them, but somehow she come out of it with no problems. she did cry pretty hard though. :'(
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

rebocardo

You would be surprised how many kids have died at a Home Depot from things falling on them. That kid with the sink sure was lucky and a bit tough too.

I never take more then child at a time with me so I can have a hand on them. If we go into the lumber section, they have to sit under the bars on the lumber cart in case anything falls.

Some examples:

http://www.gregorypatton.com/articles8.htm#A
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2003/05/19/story1.html

Thank You Sponsors!